got mine yesterday

cliff

Reaction score
collected my bike yesterday from park lane and after a short ride last night about 50 miles the bike is superb and an absolute joy to ride and i wanted to know if there are any fellow gs,ers in the middx area
cliff

new owner in middx

hi airbourne just to let you know im in the hayes,middx area

yellow, grey side panels and black seat with wire wheels its booked in for its 600 miles service on monday 13th at battersea and having the panniers put on as they were not ready last week when i collected it i have covered just over 300 miles and used no oil so far and will be doing the brighton run this weekend (sun)from the ace cafe and should have 600 miles for its service so far the bike handles brilliantly so no complaints
cliff

cliff said:
yellow, grey side panels and black seat with wire wheels its booked in for its 600 miles service on monday 13th at battersea and having the panniers put on as they were not ready last week when i collected it i have covered just over 300 miles and used no oil so far and will be doing the brighton run this weekend (sun)from the ace cafe and should have 600 miles for its service so far the bike handles brilliantly so no complaints
cliff

Good luck with the panniers. I ordered a set last week. Just called Battersea to be told they don't have the left ones in stock and BMW don't have any either.

Bonj

I went for the same colour scheme as you Cliff, but stuck with the lighter alloys. My 1st service is (with SLM though) is on Monday too :-D

Get yourselves along to The Black Swan meet - see social forum section. :)

bonjeroo said:
Good luck with the panniers. I ordered a set last week. Just called Battersea to be told they don't have the left ones in stock and BMW don't have any either.

Bonj
i did read somewhere that some of the left panniers were overheating so maybe that is why they may not be available untill they are heat proofed
cliff

The left hand pannier now comes with a metal plate to protect it from the heat of the exhaust. I've seen it on several 1200 GS's in the last month or two.

bonjeroo said:

Bonj

just out of interest i called battersea today (fri) to enquire about panniers and they told me that no panniers will arrive untill 21st sept so if i go to princetown next weekend im not sure how i will fit a tent and sleeping bag and clothes in the top box as someone once said rucksacks are for hikers not bikers
cliff

Hi Cliff

My magic wand can work sometimes, before you go to Princetown, pop in to the Showroom and we'll lend you our demo panniers for the weekend.

Just call Graham or myself before you come down to collect them.

Cheers
Paul Davies
Motorcycle Manager
BMW Motorrad Park Lane

PL1 said:
Hi Cliff

My magic wand can work sometimes, before you go to Princetown, pop in to the Showroom and we'll lend you our demo panniers for the weekend.

Just call Graham or myself before you come down to collect them.

Cheers
Paul Davies
Motorcycle Manager
BMW Motorrad Park Lane

i just want to say a massive thankyou paul for the loan of the panniers and i will give graham a call one day next week to arrange to come in and collect them
so once again thankyou and while im here i just want to say i have covered just over 400 miles so far and the bike is absolutly superb

cliff

Back
Top Bottom