Route Roller

Most folk have GPS these days... :rolleyes:

GPS won't be any use to you on a road trial :rolleyes: as you get your route and directions given to you (normally) on the day in the form of a scroll to go on your roadbook. You won't be able to enter co-ordinates or a drive to option as it won't be stated where the stage is

Route Roller - Mod.

Bought one of these a few years ago and had a problem with the amount of space as it is shown on the photo, so I took it apart and put the mounting rod in the centre high point of the triangle so that the 2 adjusting rollers are now facing the rider and the mount is behind the paper. The width is still the same but the vertical distance now allows nearly 3 times the area of map or directions to be viewed. Hope this helps anyone who uses the unit - even though I use a GPS, the Roller is very useful especially viewing a map in bad weather.

I had one of these for about 6 year and I can honestly say I have been lost more times with the GPS
Simple as it gets
Price has risen a bit mind !!!
If yer get one I think I have a pair of spare polythene bags somewhere in the shed giz a shout :thumb2
In fact I think I may still have it - I'll have a looook
pm me if yer interested

I had one of these for about 6 year and I can honestly say I have been lost more times with the GPS
Simple as it gets
Price has risen a bit mind !!!
If yer get one I think I have a pair of spare polythene bags somewhere in the shed giz a shout :thumb2
In fact I think I may still have it - I'll have a looook
pm me if yer interested
Hmm… 10+ years later, but if you don’t try… I’m looking at getting the VMCC route roller for a rally. How does the fixing work? Anyone have one in surplus? Cheers

They just clip onto your handlebars. Not brilliant so use some zip ties to keep it on.
You can have my old one for some beer tokens
Where are you?

They just clip onto your handlebars. Not brilliant so use some zip ties to keep it on.
You can have my old one for some beer tokens
Where are you?

Thanks. I’ve just ordered one with the plastic sheets. £20 from Classic Magazines. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom