AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Flying banana

Reaction score
I have a System 4 helmet, which i very much like. However, now that the temperatures are getting a little lower, I am finding that I am getting a very very annoying draught that goes right in my eyes. Its driving me fecking mad!!!! I did change the chin spoiler thingy from the preforated one to a solid one which made a small difference. However, its still not right. I have checked the visor, and it appears to seal all the way round. I can't see why it should still be so draughty. I am gonna play with the settings of the screen, (standard & tobinated) but has anyone else had a similar problem? Any ideas?

Yours in frustration:mad:

FB

Flying banana said:
.... I am gonna play with the settings of the screen, (standard & tobinated) but has anyone else had a similar problem? Any ideas?

Yours in frustration:mad:

FB

In a word yes. I had an R100CS before my current mount and even with the mesh taped up I was still getting an eye watering draft with Sys 4. :(

I now have an R1150 GS with adventure screen, tobinated! Ahhhhh..... wonderful relief :cool:

Forgotten how miserable it could be in cold weather :mad:

So its not just me then??? God knows where the draught is coming in. Its certainly not from underneath, as the fit is snug. i can only imagine its through the (extremely)small gaps at the rear of the visor near the hinge bit. Bloody amazing really, that it can cause so much discomfort.
Trouble is, if I cant sort it by moving the screen around, I might have to end up with a higher.bigger screen. More fugging expense!! ( and more pointed comments from the wife...HOW MUCH???? etc etc)

:D :D

FB

try the BM double glazed visor, i always put mine on in winter, definitely warmer and quieter .

logo.gif
:D

Flying banana said:
So its not just me then??? God knows where the draught is coming in.

I get a draught coming in at the top left of the visor. The seal doesn't quite close the gap there no matter what I've tried to fix it.

At least it doesn't steam up ;)

re: the double glazed visor, must agree with Steptoe.
Only a recent investment for me, but I wonder why I've struggled with every other conceivable myth and wives tale trying to de-mist my visor over the years.
The fact that the system IV is a two piece helmet it’s going to have drafts… you knew that when you bought it.
Save yourself the expense and buy a balaclava.
Voila draught problem solved!
;)

I have the double glazed visor, excellent, I must say! Works a treat. Didn't stop teh draught tho :D
However, I think I might have identified the problem. There is a gap where the chin spoiler is at each side of the helmet, and I have noticed an upwards draught coming up in front of me chest. I suspect that its getting through the gap, and then bouncing its merry way around me eyes.
Its possible that the Baglux tank bag may be causing all sorts of strange wind flows. The experiment continues!!
The balaclava idea wont work, as it won't block up the said gaps.
I guess its all to do wiv the usual dreaded GS screen problems!!!

Phil

Well now there's a thing. I think.....just think at this moment in time as I have yet to confirm it, that my Baglux tank bag is the culprit!! I have had to ride the bike without it today, and it seemed that the problem is not as severe as it sometimes is. I will have to see on me way home from work in a bit!

Also I have sorted out a Wunderlich screen in due course. Bit higher, bit wider as far as I can tel. Anyone got any experiences of this screen, good or bad?

Phil

Back
Top Bottom