3hr before flight check in at Manchester?

ebbo

Reaction score
International flights from Manchester seem to be 'check in 3hrs before the flight', anyone know if that's strictly enforced?

Cheers :thumb2

Most international flights are. Get there early, check in, grab a coffee and relax:thumb

I wouldn't say 3 hours was the norm for all international flights, but those to the USA, especially on a US airline, need to allow for longer queues at check in due to the extended security questions. Also, of course, the extended q at security whilst the idiots who pack liquids in their hand luggage are dealt with :mcgun

Are you flying direct from Manchester or transfering through Heathrow?

If the first leg is to Heathrow (i.e. a domestic flight), then the usual BA one hour check-in should suffice. However, bear in mind that the queue through security at T1/T3 can be horrendous.

No. Check in online, then you only need to allow 1.5 to 2 hours.:thumb It's then up to you how fine you want to cut it:D

FWIW, they want you to allow 3 hours so you spend more in the airport shops and restaurants :blast:D

Are you flying direct from Manchester or transfering through Heathrow?

If the first leg is to Heathrow (i.e. a domestic flight), then the usual BA one hour check-in should suffice. However, bear in mind that the queue through security at T1/T3 can be horrendous.
I've spotted a very nice 11am flight from Manchester to Las Vegas (via Philadelphia) arrives 18:27, seems to miss out Heathrow as far as I can see and the price is good, having to be at Manchester for 8am is a bit of a pain for my mate who's a bit further away...

Really, my question was a bit dumb, if it says 3hrs, it's 3hrs isn't it :blast

Cheers guys :thumb2

Have a look at traveling through Dublin, taxes are lower than the UK and you can also clear immigration before departure.

3 hours before departure is just to get you into the shops.

Have a look at traveling through Dublin, taxes are lower than the UK and you can also clear immigration before departure.

3 hours before departure is just to get you into the shops.
remarkbly it can be £100 cheaper to fly from Dublin, but not very practical for us thanks

Oh we'll, I'll see if Patto has any way to get to york for a very early train...

I've spotted a very nice 11am flight from Manchester to Las Vegas (via Philadelphia) arrives 18:27, seems to miss out Heathrow as far as I can see and the price is good, having to be at Manchester for 8am is a bit of a pain for my mate who's a bit further away...

Really, my question was a bit dumb, if it says 3hrs, it's 3hrs isn't it :blast

Cheers guys :thumb2

See my post above:rob:blast

It couldn't be a ploy to get people to spend money in the airport could it?

FFS! Grab a coffee and relax.... I'd be arseholed before I got on the plane...

Which is why I don't go anywhere that requires flight anymore.

:friday

I fly to the states from MAnchester every 18mths or so and 90 mins is plenty , so long as it really is 90mins i.e. dont get stuck in traffic etc:eek

90 ample, if you get hosed at security theyll whistle you through anyway as getting you on is far less hassle that getting your bag off.

Having said that, Id do maybe 2 hrs and build in a bit of flex, time to salivate over the Sleazy Jet Beeeehaches

Not sure why they would say - 3hrs, I would expect that to cause a real log-jam in the terminal.

Most check-ins won't even accept your luggage before the 2hr threshold.

Al

We often fly to Tenerife (yes I know its not USA, but hey). 1 hour before boarding is enough though we allow 1.5 so we can beat the rush. Would rather wait in departures than be stuck in a check-in queue.

This is the bit I read on the Manchester Airport guide

They just ask for longer as it supposedly takes longer to load the larger aircraft used on inter continental flights. In reality they turn the planes round in less than an hour.

Allow two hours to be on the safe side to get yourself through security and you'll be fine. By the time you've had a coffee and laughed at Dixons prices, it'll be time to go to the gate :D

Flight leaves at 11?
In theory you might be OK to arrive at the airport two hours before BUT I wouldn't suggest getting to Manchester Airport at 9 am. The traffic will be at a standstill between 7.30 and 9 am and you might not get there until 10 anyway! Best to plan to arrive early and have a coffee at the airport before the flight.

Back
Top Bottom