New Autocom Products at the NEC

City Slicker

The latest catalogue and prices can be downloaded here.

This is a 3.1Mb PDF file so expect to wait a while while it loads. Right click over the link here and 'Save Target as...' to save the document rather than load it in a new browser window.

Ths was obtained from their stand at the NEC, where they launched two new products to replace their existing Pro M1 and Easicom V8.

Fear not if you have already got either of these units; you won't necessarily be shocked at the improvements but the significant improvement is the increase in volume to the headset, with a 50% boost as opposed to the 20% boost in HI setting.

Additionally, the earpieces can be exchanged for hi power alternates boosting volume further. Those people benefiting from this improvement will be those who want to wear earplugs, as this will permit hearing the autocom, previously very difficult over 50mph.

Sadly, in order to effect the improvement, the helmet wiring has been changed from 5 to 7 pins and these parts are incompatible with the previous versions. Autocom can upgrade the previous versions (Pro M1 and Easicom V8) to new cabling, but you will also have to change the headset.

The only other noticeable improvement are fully moulded DIN connectors with a waterproof snap-fit.

These two improvements address two of the three areas of reservation about the previous models, leaving one major stumbling block - price.

Even in this area, these concerns have been addressed. Previously a Pro M1 kitted out with bike power and rider to pillion cost £375. The show price for the new Pro 7 Sport, which may continue for a short while afterwards, is £277, which is very reasonable for this bit of kit.

So, if you were hesitating on a purchase maybe it's time to think again.

City Slicker

I belled their Sales Director a couple of weeks ago. He hinted that there was something special coming up at the NEC.

I'll read the Adobe file that you linked (no doubt, picking up on another thread, on the bog) before I meet them on Tuesday.

:)

Greg

I was impressed by the stand and the new kit. Having said that I never used the old stuff as I'm a bit of a newbie, but I demo'd it and it was great - You can even include your gps!! Music mutes when phone rings, it mutes to 50% when you talk, expandable etc. Really cool. Nearly parted with the £300.00 as it is a good price, but resisted and came home. Now I pacing around at home and wondering whether to give them a ring on the stand........Ooohhhhh ti*s! (Guy did hint that this price would be available after the show, but who knows?)

I'm afraid to say that I waded in and bought two sets of their full Monty!

Does anyone know where the best place to mount a Kenwood radio on an 1150GS is?

:eek:

Greg

Greg Masters said:
Does anyone know where the best place to mount a Kenwood radio on an 1150GS is?

Greg,

I use an Icom radio and mount it across the rear mudguard of my Adventure, under the seat where the toolroll fits (toolroll is now in the tank bag). I'd look at putting it in the tool tray on a std GS. Range, even through the seat & my @rse is about 2 miles:D

MikeO

Back
Top Bottom