RID not working

haydw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took the tank off the other day to change the battery, now got an issue with my RID.

The temp gauge only shows two blocks when warm instead of 5 and block 3 flashes occasionally, plus I am not getting any fuel indicating even though I have a full tank. Gears are still showing correctly.

I know I am going to have to take the tank off again, where should I be looking to fix? The block connector to the tank is fully connected- that was the first thing I tried.

Any ideas?

Do you have hid lights? There have been issues where the RID has been affected by the position of the ballasts...

Do you have hid lights? There have been issues where the RID has been affected by the position of the ballasts...
That will be it. Pull the fuse for the RID and it will reset and all will be well. I don't remember which fuse it is but a search here will reveal. Otherwise just pull each fuse in turn until the RID goes dark.

That will be it. Pull the fuse for the RID and it will reset and all will be well. I don't remember which fuse it is but a search here will reveal. Otherwise just pull each fuse in turn until the RID goes dark.
Same thing happened to me recently. No obvious reason it happened but pulling the fuse did the job (thanks to suggestions from here!).

Tried pulling fuses, no success. Tank is 2/3rds full but reading nothing. Also tried faffing around with the tank block connector.

Have got HIDs but the ballasts have been in the same place all along for years and never had a problem.

Looks like I will have to take the tank off.....
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom