2016.10 Full Europe Map update is now available

tecman

Reaction score
Reporting that 2016.10 update is now available...well at least on BMW Navigator V....it's 6.8GB big.

I've tried a few times to install it with no success, tried installing it to computer and nav v, to computer only and to sat nav only but every time it's comes up with ERROR.
Tried with my Nuvi and got same ERROR

I've tried a few times to install it with no success, tried installing it to computer and nav v, to computer only and to sat nav only but every time it's comes up with ERROR.
Tried with my Nuvi and got same ERROR

same here! Trying one more time at my 7Mbit broadband at home...will take it to work to do it over 100Mbits :)

Told it to instal to unit and computer, got error message twice but finally downloaded to unit only:blast then had to do to computer so about 5 hrs in all with BT infinity:mad:

Looks like their CDN provider is not that great. They use Net DNA content delivery network (CDN) provider which was acquired some time ago by MaxCDN.

Updated 2 Nav 5s and 3 PCs this morning in less than an hour. Updated the first PC and used that to also update the 2 devices using Garmin Express. Then used JaVaWa GMTK to transfer the maps to the other 2 PCs.

Mine finally completed. It leaves 250MB of free space on internal storage and that's after I did housekeeping and deleted unnecessary voice files, manuals and basecamp install files. I'm wondering why Garmin express doesn't give a choice to install Maps to my 32GB SD card that is available?! Now I have to manually move it myself using tips and tricks that I learnt about Gamin devices?!

Updated our main PC today with 2016.1 Result was all my Garmin maps being locked. Eventually sorted by calling Garmin support who gave me the best laugh in weeks. When discussing Basecamp I said I preferred Mapsource and that I was not alone in this, in fact many folk complain about Basecamp. His reply, and I suspect one mindful of the fact that big brother might just be listening, was that he had never heard of anyone complaining about Basecamp. Still he sorted the problem and we are back up and running.

Later I thought I would also update the maps on one of our laptops- what could possibly go wrong? Well I now have full coverage of North America! Tried again and now I also have the latest Europe maps on the laptop.

John

Updated our main PC today with 2016.1 Result was all my Garmin maps being locked. Eventually sorted by calling Garmin support who gave me the best laugh in weeks. When discussing Basecamp I said I preferred Mapsource and that I was not alone in this, in fact many folk complain about Basecamp. His reply, and I suspect one mindful of the fact that big brother might just be listening, was that he had never heard of anyone complaining about Basecamp. Still he sorted the problem and we are back up and running.

John

Any idea what caused the Garmin maps to lock up? What was Garmin's recommended solution? :thumb2

Any idea what caused the Garmin maps to lock up? What was Garmin's recommended solution? :thumb2

The guy didn't know what caused it but gave me an unlock code to type in . This solved the problem with the 2016 maps but the older version remained locked. I downloaded the 2016 maps again and all was well. Given the strange download of US maps later today (when the screen clearly said Europe) I suspect they were having problems their end.

John

Just updated my maps, expecting a load of hassle, and it took under 10 minutes.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom