Remote Cameras

Eddy802

I have used remote cameras in other applications and would like to capture some of my riding.

I have a bullet cam from RF Concepts but wondered if the offerings of JD7 where in use by anone here and if so how are they rated?

Cheers

I've got a JD7 remote camera but I'm afraid I'm not impressed with the quality. The bullet camera you have is probably 420 TV lines (or higher), JD7 are only using 380 TV line cameras in thier kit and I was disappointed with the very noticable loss in quality.

If being 100% waterproof isn't vital, take a look at the hundreds of wireless bullet and other CMOS etc cameras available on eBay (make sure you ignore anything under 420 TV lines), many of them come with the connectors so you can power from as little as a 9v battery and have a longer transmit range. Always check the postage costs, but I got a tiny camera with built transmitter, the receiver and all the connectors delivered to my door for under £25 and the spec is much higher than the JD7 kit.

P.S when put along side your bullet cam the JD7 is HUGE

Hope my ranting helps you

I did my TT video using a Sony Mini DV camcorder mounted on the tank & filming through the screen. It worked perfectly & has provided really good quality footage, although the quality has suffered in being converted to wmv format. I've got a copy on DVD now, thanks to Yosi, & I can play it with acceptable quality on a 32" widescreen tv.

HTH,

Back
Top Bottom