Alloy wheels/speedo mod

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone who has fitted 17" alloys and had the front machined to take a speedo drive have the exact dimensions required? :beer:

just use the 1150 R speedo drive ?

i sold my last one for £12

Bloody hell! That was good service Steptoe! Thanks! I thought that some alloys had to be machined to take a speedo drive on the GS, but if the R fits, so much the better!

BTW, are you in Kingston on Thames or Hull? Just wondering about servicing, thats all. Thanks again :beerjug:

Steptoe said:
just use the 1150 R speedo drive ?

i sold my last one for £12

You're right there Neil (of course) but it assumes that hes got a wheel which was from an R/RT/RS & so has the bit inside it which drives the speedo hub. I suspect that Longdog's got a K series wheel........

Paul Young said:
You're right there Neil (of course) but it assumes that hes got a wheel which was from an R/RT/RS & so has the bit inside it which drives the speedo hub. I suspect that Longdog's got a K series wheel........

Ahh, i understand . Good thinking . ;)

'fraid not, mate......

Coolcarbon did the same trick & uses a cycle computer, I think. Send him a PM & ask.......

HTH,

Thanks Paul, guess I will try CC and if not, I'll post the results when I do! I'd really like to retain the standard speedo and keep the mileage honest. :beer:

Back
Top Bottom