While I wait....

Christine

Hi there
Just ordered a F650GS and have to wait until mid April arrrgghhhh. So I'm finding out all about it until then... mmm, maybe I should have done that before I ordered it. Nah, it was love at first sight or rather when I sat on one and realised even a shortarse like me could reach the floor.

I've been riding for nearly 30 years but never off road. Thinking of doing the BMW course.

Looking forward to meeting you all - maybe even some in person. I'm about 7 miles from Rivington and go up to the barn quite often.

Now I have some reading to do.

Hi Christine have fun with the new bike when it arrives... :thumb and the bmw off-road course is excellent - well recommended.

start looking at the touratech catalogue for all the add on's if you order now they should be with you by april :D enjoy your new bike and welcombe :thumb

Hiya Christine,

Welcome to the site :thumb

What an agonising wait that will be....at least there`s plenty to read on here :p

I went to Rivvy Barn last Thursday for the first time ever ( unbelievably ) and really liked it....defo going again...maybe see you there. :beerjug:

Hi Christine,

Welcome to the site and have fun.
Shame about your wait. I can sympathise same happened for me :spitfire

Macca

Hi Christine.

If you're seriously thinking about the BMW off-road course, they're running a ladies-only course towards the end of April, and it's mainly people from this site.

HI Christine, welcome I've been told the Off road course is brilliant. I can't make the Ladies one in April but lots of the GS girls are. The info about it is in the Womens weekly bit of the site :thumb

Welcome to the board Christine.... and maybe we'll get to meet you at the many events that are planned throughout the year.

:)

Take care, have fun and enjoy it when the new bike arrives ... :thumb

tarka said:
Hiya Christine,

Welcome to the site :thumb

What an agonising wait that will be....at least there`s plenty to read on here :p

I went to Rivvy Barn last Thursday for the first time ever ( unbelievably ) and really liked it....defo going again...maybe see you there. :beerjug:

Grooming :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Just looked at the Touratech site. Some nice kit but to be honest this bike's mainly going to be ridden 25 miles to Manchester and back each day. But who knows what adventures lie ahead for me?:D so it's good to know what's available.

I really would like to go on the ladies off-road course but I get the impression that it's fully booked.

So... tell me more about this grooming. I'm intrigued :green gri

Christine said:

I would love to explain...........but I`ll get even more abuse.... :eek: ;)

:D :D :D

Christine said:

Basically Tim's our local beautician and if you need any tips on hair style/colouring, nail varnish, make up etc. he's your guy! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

madmikey said:
Basically Tim's our local beautician and if you need any tips on hair style/colouring, nail varnish, make up etc. he's your guy! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eh ??? I thought I was ?? So....I`ve got competition then ??? :p :p

madmikey said:

hair style = natural/ignored
hair colour, (whats left of it :( ) = silver highlights
nail varnish = splashes of silver hammerite
make up = everything

No, Tarka's your man, according to his 'smilie' he even has a mullet :thumb

Got it this morning!!! :D

Only done 50 miles so far but loving it already.

Decided to do a search before I asked any stupid questions about running-in. Wow what a wealth of information :beerjug:

Only asked one slight stupid question at the dealers - why is there nothing coming out of the LH silencer?

Back
Top Bottom