HP2 won't start

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's been sitting in the garage for two weeks, coughed once this morning and then died. BMW Assist on their way.

Anyone else had this problem?

Jeremy

HP batteries seem woefully inadaquate. On the HP2 training day in Wales all 5 bikes had difficulty starting. If the ignition was left on for a minute that was it - a bump start was the only option. I think PikeyDave has also had battery problems with his bike.

BMW Assist arrived seventy minutes after the call as promised. All it took was a jump start. He wasn't aware of any specific battery issues with the HP2 but did say it could possibly be a software clitch? Sounds like a trickle charger is my next investment.

Jeremy said:
BMW Assist arrived seventy minutes after the call as promised. All it took was a jump start. He wasn't aware of any specific battery issues with the HP2 but did say it could possibly be a software clitch? Sounds like a trickle charger is my next investment.

Yep, same thing happened to mine; 2 weeks in the garage and not enough juice to even get the starter to turn over :nenau ..... Optimate solved all the problems :thumb

I posted an earlier thread about it. Battery dead after 2 days of owning. The battery is different (not as powerfu) as the GS.

If you've got power in your garage, get it on an optimate.

GSmonkey said:
If you've got power in your garage, get it on an optimate.

Thx, followed that earlier advice from Jarv and its installed. Running sweetly again and looking forward to Steptoe's Salisbury adventure.

Back
Top Bottom