Make your mind up time

Davy F

Reaction score
OK, now that Garmin 2610 units can be had for £260, the big question is should I buy one of those OR, buy a 2720 instead. Is the 2720 really worth over twice the price of the 2610 ? Is the extra features of a 2720 a bonus or a further distraction ?

Well................. :nenau

The main advantage of the 2720 is traffic data and re-routing with a compatible receiver. Plus the customisable POI loader and the 3d screen view. I'd like the POI loading capabilities for speed camera's and other POI's that aren't included in CN8. But I can live with the speed camera overlay and saving POI's as way-points and using the ones that I need as I need them by downloading them from mapsource.

The 2820 does more I'd like its 10,000 point track log V's 2000 for the 2610 and 2720. But don't really need bluetooth for MP3's or the Phone and If i did want these I could do it through my autocom anyway. Albeit with wiring!!

Bottom line is the 2610 is a good GPS that will get you there. Only you can decide on the value of the bits that the 2720 and 2820 to you. Bit of a learning curve with all of them to get the best from them. But when you do I don't think you'd go back readily to maps only. GPS takes all the stress out of city navigation in particular. BTW I bought a 2gb cf card from 7 day shop £21.74 delivered. Takes the whole of Europe speed camera overlay and GB + I topo maps with space to spare!! :)

Mzokk said:
The main advantage of the 2720 is traffic data and re-routing with a compatible receiver.

I wondered about that but when I looked into TrafficMaster coverage it only seems to cover the motorways and major roads. So it seems it could navigate you out of a traffic jam on a motorway straight into a traffic jam on the side roads. Has anyone got one who could to report how good it is?

Back
Top Bottom