More MPG......Fuel Injector Cleaner ?

Bananaman

There has been much discussion about MPG in a few threads latley,

I was wondering if a petrol injector cleaner might be of benefit to those who say they are getting a low MPG.

Some Petrol retailers say their fuel is the cleanest ever etc...etc...etc, which leads me to think that if their petrol is cleaner than the rest some fuels might be dirty. :confused:

Perhaps over time this may lead to gummed up / blocked / obstructed injectors, which may be a possible cause of a low MPG if they are not delivering a nice even spray of fuel as they did twenty thousand miles ago.
Anyone fancy doing a test ? It's got to be cheaper than fitting new injectors....now there's a thought ........... :mmmm

I've use Redex every 4000 miles, my 1150gs regularly returns 50-55 mpg. I use BP or Shell petrol. Tried Tesco/Sainsbury fuel but it seems to miss fire. I guess thats your dirty fuel?

suffolk pig said:
I've use Redex every 4000 miles, my 1150gs regularly returns 50-55 mpg. I use BP or Shell petrol. Tried Tesco/Sainsbury fuel but it seems to miss fire. I guess thats your dirty fuel?
Tesco Petrol I believe is one of the big Oil Majors. I know Chevron supply it to Tesco under the Texaco banner. Its all the same bar a few additives. There are all much alike.

AndyT :cool:

Suffolk Pig.... redex :thumb

I thought that an actual injector cleaner something like this:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...51&storeId=10001&partNumber=317891&langId=-1#
might appeal to those with a "thirsty" :beer: GS

I have used it on Mrs B's ancient Discovery a few times in the past, and it does seem to make it run a lot smoother and seem to have more power, well as much as any Disco can have.

When the mpg goes below 50 mpg on my 1150 I will try it, until then if it aint broke why fix it? :nono

(don't have anything to do with STP by the way, I have just used it!!!)

Attachments

• STP Fuel Injector Cleaner.jpg
    STP Fuel Injector Cleaner.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 159

Back
Top Bottom