ULEZ update

It’s £3 per hour or part thereof if diesel. Therefore £12 to park for 1.5 hours plus £6 pounds for Islington to punish me for buying diesel.

Islington has had the most ridiculously high charges for diesel cars.
I've been hit with that some time ago while I had to go pick up some material from a shop on Pentonville road.
About the same amount you paid for less than an hour parking (totalled at 1hr).

My car is a 2009 Euro4 diesel.
Thank god I seldom use it. I just have to remember to turn on autopay for the TfL charges...

But, still, HGVs 24/7 in London.
If Khan really cared about the little kid's lungs... it would have made sense to limit HGV traffic over the weekends. You know, when people tend to go out and enjoy the city more...

Another funny thing is they started complaining about the school buses polluting outside the schools. I might have wrote about this before, but where I live the solution was to move the bus from near the school to... in front of my building, where we now have 2 idling buses from 7 to 8 in the morning and sometime in the afternoon when – thank god – I'm at work. But the kids are alright. :D

plus using the official figures pollution in central London has been dropping spectacularly since 1970

And probably there wasn't that much roadwork to slow down traffic so much (increasing pollution levels locally) at the time. :D

I'm happy to move towards cleaner vehicles, etc, I try to drive as little as possible inside London... but there is a decent amount of piss taking in all of this at the moment. :)

...is there a chance I could get my 1100S 1999 exempt from the charges?

As an aside why do busses and lorries sit with there engines running, is there something about the design or need to run other stuff AC in a bus maybe

Had a similar problem at my parent's place in Rome.
In that case was tourism buses parked down the road and they kept the engines running to keep the AC on and "cool down" the bus before passengers boarded. That took a couple of hours per bus, with multiple buses parked down the road. It wasn't pleasant.

Here in London we politely asked if they can stop the engines. Let's see.
Also: parents start dropping the kids early in the morning, so they stick around for an hour on the pavement till the bus leaves.
With the engine running all the time... moving the buses away from the school is moot :D :D :D

...is there a chance I could get my 1100S 1999 exempt from the charges?

As an aside why do busses and lorries sit with there engines running, is there something about the design or need to run other stuff AC in a bus maybe

Via the BMW route probably not as I got a email yesterday ref my R1100 of 1999 vintage stating due to the age they have no EU technical data, my only choice is a Nox test at Riverbank with crossed fingers..

Certainly worth firing off a email to them just in case..

I think TfL have updated their database AND the page.. looks slightly different to how it did.

My bike is also now showing as exempt.

Cool.

Via the BMW route probably not as I got a email yesterday ref my R1100 of 1999 vintage stating due to the age they have no EU technical data, my only choice is a Nox test at Riverbank with crossed fingers..

Certainly worth firing off a email to them just in case..

Good luck with that. I've got a creeping suspicion I might have to get over there for my little 650 (sorry big boys know I'm an interloper but there are next to no Dakars left in the uk let alone trying to get into the ring of doom lol) as all I'm getting so far is an auto "we're under seige" email reply from BMW central...

So despite having registered my 1150GS with TFL and them assuring me I was exempt, the ULEZ website is showing me owing them £12.50 after riding into the zone today.

I've emailed them the following...

Dear Sirs,

I drove my vehicle X475 NSE into the ULEZ zone today, and despite the correspondence above, which says I am exempt, I appear to be being charged £12.50.

Your letter says 'Based on the information that you have provided we can confirm that your vehicle registration X475NSE meets the
Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) emissions standards. This means you will not need to pay an ULEZ charge to travel
in the zone, from 8 April 2019.'

So why am I being charged to travel in the zone?

My 1150gsa is exempt but it doesn't appear on the Web site either. Go figure out now.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

How long did people have to wait to hear from TFL after sending them all the necessary paperwork ?

I'm still waiting to hear from them about my 2004 1150..

How long did people have to wait to hear from TFL after sending them all the necessary paperwork ?

I'm still waiting to hear from them about my 2004 1150..
They were pronto with mine - 3 days

They were pronto with mine - 3 days

Well, just checked my bike and it seems it's now exempt from any ULEZ charge, happy days :D .. But they didn't inform me, i i've had zilch contact from them.

But's it's good news as have to use it to go into the zone later today due to the protesters fecking up being able to use my car, so it saves me having to use electrical tape to "doctor" my number plate :D

It was with in a week with me but despite having an exempt confirmation I still see the bike is subject to ulez. I emailed them again last week but no reply yet.

It was with in a week with me but despite having an exempt confirmation I still see the bike is subject to ulez. I emailed them again last week but no reply yet.

Try registering it again, you won't get far as it should tell you that it's already registered as exempt as soon as you enter the reg number on the first page.

have to use it to go into the zone later today due to the protesters fecking up being able to use my car

I had to cross central London by car the other night. And pay ULEZ while the protests were on, it was kinda ironic.

I did se-up auto-pay earlier, but nothing happened (I didn't see the charge coming through on my card).
Also, drove south at 8pm, came back north at half past midnight... wondering if I will get charged twice or if there is a set amount of hours you can use with each charge.

MAG are on the case, that should make them sit up and take notice! :aidan

I wonder if there will be helmetless protests, and Saucepan heads and all the rest......I remember Fred and his antics. He was a gem.

be good to see the court case have all mortorcycles exempt from any charging or parking...

So despite having registered my 1150GS with TFL and them assuring me I was exempt, the ULEZ website is showing me owing them £12.50 after riding into the zone today.

Just to follow up on this. TFL have not yet responded to my message. However I didn't received a PCN in the post, and the website now shows my bike as exempt, and I can now find no record of the charge on the TFL website. So hopefully it was just an administrative error on their part. I assume no-one else has had this issue?

Back
Top Bottom