ULEZ update

So today I drove from tower bridge to Islington to my dentist. I used the commercial road route which is outside of the con charge and Ulez charge.

Parked up for my 1.5hrs stay £12 quite reasonable in London. Then I get hit with the £3 per hour surcharge because the engine is diesel. So £18 for 1.5 hrs for a car that is EURO4 emits unicorns and fairies. Twats.

What is the bloody point. I live on the edge of the ULeZ zone and all day has been stacked up dirty vehicles coughing out crap.

Every journey matters.

So today I drove from tower bridge to Islington to my dentist. I used the commercial road route which is outside of the con charge and Ulez charge.

Parked up for my 1.5hrs stay £12 quite reasonable in London. Then I get hit with the £3 per hour surcharge because the engine is diesel. So £18 for 1.5 hrs for a car that is EURO4 emits unicorns and fairies. Twats.

What is the bloody point. I live on the edge of the ULeZ zone and all day has been stacked up dirty vehicles coughing out crap.

Why didn’t you just go on the tube?

Just out of interest has anyone seen how they expect to Police the ULEZ once it goes to the North-South Circ??, there must be hundreds of turn offs and routes going across said road (Water works roundabout for example In North east London), what is the cost for camera set up and infrastructure?. I very much doubt the current traffic camera system can be used for a number of reasons so it leads me to believe they would need a new ANPR system for the entire A406 plus every road onto and off?.

Just out of interest has anyone seen how they expect to Police the ULEZ once it goes to the North-South Circ??, there must be hundreds of turn offs and routes going across said road (Water works roundabout for example In North east London), what is the cost for camera set up and infrastructure?. I very much doubt the current traffic camera system can be used for a number of reasons so it leads me to believe they would need a new ANPR system for the entire A406 plus every road onto and off?.

They will just expand the camera installations used for Congestion Charge.

Be assured, it WILL be a self financing scheme!

Pixies. Pixies, will do it.

The introduction of red bus routes, foretold the end of London. Didn’t happen

Charging bikermates to abandon their awesome in central London, foretold the fall of civilisation. Didn’t happen

Congestion charging in London, foretold the end of the universe. Didn’t happen

ULEZ, will be the same..... but it won’t stop some bloke in the Forest of Dean ranting about it

Why didn’t you just go on the tube?

Because I’ve had pneumonia and wanted to be able to pull over and vomit or cough my guts up if needed.

I went ahead with the dental appointment As I was mid treatment when I went sick and the dentist will be off for a few weeks from end of this week with kids. Therefore I drove my car which is a lot cleaner than the tube and important when coughing guts up.

Is it me but your numbers dont stack up ?

£12+3 = 15 where does the other £3 come from - or is it due to the diesel fumes addeling your typing?

Is it me but your numbers dont stack up ?

£12+3 = 15 where does the other £3 come from - or is it due to the diesel fumes addeling your typing?

It’s £3 per hour or part thereof if diesel. Therefore £12 to park for 1.5 hours plus £6 pounds for Islington to punish me for buying diesel.

For the people out of London, If my car was not Euro 4 and I’d touched the con zone it would have been £11.50 + £12.50 + £18 = £42 to drive for couple of miles and park for 1.5 hours.

Yeh but... bus lanes have no cost involved, parking is £1 a day and covers the whole of Westminster and the congestion charge is only 5 days a week and 7am - 6pm, not 24/7 like the ulez. ... plus using the official figures pollution in central London has been dropping spectacularly since 1970.

Those of you who had your bikes exempted - are they showing up as exempt on the ULEZ checker? Mine isn't :(
Mine is (showing as exempt). Did you get an email saying they would update their database following your evidence?

Back
Top Bottom