Just arrived

Rogues2310

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Just arrived and have a question for you all.

I broke the pressure sensor in my from wheel. Bought another and gave it to my mechanic while fitting my new tyres.
It was put on and tyres fitted. He told me the system would "pick up" the sensor after about an hour of driving.

Ive done a lot more than an hours driving and the red triangle is still winking at me.

Do I wait longer or should it have kicked in?

thanks

Hi Rogues and welcome to our warm, fluffy, little forum.... :augie

The guy who fitted your tyres is obviously an optimist. The new sensor will need to be coded into the ECU. Either take the bike to your local, friendly BMW Motorrad dealership or find someone local
who has a GS-911 and knows how to use it.

HTH

Yes as suggested it has a different code and will need programming into the ecu before it registers the values.

I hope you recorded the number on it before it was fitted.

Hi Folks,
Just arrived and have a question for you all.

I broke the pressure sensor in my from wheel. Bought another and gave it to my mechanic while fitting my new tyres.
It was put on and tyres fitted. He told me the system would "pick up" the sensor after about an hour of driving.

Ive done a lot more than an hours driving and the red triangle is still winking at me.

Do I wait longer or should it have kicked in?

thanks

Mechanic was safe in the knowledge that by the time you realised it wasn't going to be automatically recognised you'd be at least an hour away! :D

Back
Top Bottom