Rattling engine and seizing exhaust flap.

And this does not rattle like a b*stard!
ddbfcc18936aad845f9f6b8de81653cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic looking GPZ that Mark. Any update on your BMW ?

Yes, sadly not good. The engine delivery date keeps on getting pushed back, three times so far. :(

Yes, sadly not good. The engine delivery date keeps on getting pushed back, three times so far. :(

Shite news that, hope you are being compensated nicely .

thinking of my GPz 900 and 1100 now... great bikes in their day .... and no issues at all :driving

Well, long story ‘long’ the dealership were very keen to get me onto a loan bike, asking what I would like, so I said an R1250GSA. They said they would see what they could do. I then got a call from BMW customer services asking for my details and pointing out there would be an excess etc (nothing untowards) and then advising me I would get a call from the hire company. About 30 mins later Enterprise rings me and says that they can get me into a bloody Nissan Cashqui (excuse spelling) within two hours. I pointed out that I was hoping for a BMW R1250GSA - she actually didn’t know what one of those cars was hahaha but could get me into a 1 series later that day. At which point I lost the will to live and rang the dealer to tell them how funny it was! Dealer, who tried with nothing but good intent, was somewhat dismayed!

Well, long story ‘long’ the dealership were very keen to get me onto a loan bike, asking what I would like, so I said an R1250GSA. They said they would see what they could do. I then got a call from BMW customer services asking for my details and pointing out there would be an excess etc (nothing untowards) and then advising me I would get a call from the hire company. About 30 mins later Enterprise rings me and says that they can get me into a bloody Nissan Cashqui (excuse spelling) within two hours. I pointed out that I was hoping for a BMW R1250GSA - she actually didn’t know what one of those cars was hahaha but could get me into a 1 series later that day. At which point I lost the will to live and rang the dealer to tell them how funny it was! Dealer, who tried with nothing but good intent, was somewhat dismayed!

At least BMW realised Nissan is reliable....:green gri

thinking of my GPz 900 and 1100 now... great bikes in their day .... and no issues at all :driving
Gpz900;

Cylinder heads replaced and owners not told.

Cam shaft failures.

Black chrome peeled off exhausts, replaced under warranty.

Gpz1100 FI, control modules failing due to water ingress.

Rose tinted glasses !

During the early/mid 80's Honda and Yamaha were in a war to be no 1, new models were brought to market almost yearly.

How many years did the 1200 engine go for before it's first major upgrade ?

Now BMW are competing against Ducati and KTM for sales, along with triumph and soon HD too, in an overall saturated market.

"Upgrades" happen almost yearly now, history appears to be repeating itself.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Let’s not forget the terrible fuelling on the GPz 1100 which saw many owners change from Fuel Injection to carbs. But, hey, we aren’t here to knock every make!

Let’s hope that my 1250 gets sorted and that the rattly engine and/or seizing zorst flap doesn’t become an issue for others!

Let’s not forget the terrible fuelling on the GPz 1100 which saw many owners change from Fuel Injection to carbs. But, hey, we aren’t here to knock every make!

Let’s hope that my 1250 gets sorted and that the rattly engine and/or seizing zorst flap doesn’t become an issue for others!

The past was good, but the golden days are now.

Gpz900;

Cylinder heads replaced and owners not told.

Cam shaft failures.

Black chrome peeled off exhausts, replaced under warranty.

Gpz1100 FI, control modules failing due to water ingress.

Rose tinted glasses !

During the early/mid 80's Honda and Yamaha were in a war to be no 1, new models were brought to market almost yearly.

How many years did the 1200 engine go for before it's first major upgrade ?

Now BMW are competing against Ducati and KTM for sales, along with triumph and soon HD too, in an overall saturated market.

"Upgrades" happen almost yearly now, history appears to be repeating itself.

You forgot the 900 carb iceing up .. and the Hondas CX500.. great bike.. bought because my cb900 got nicked and we were off on a 3500 mile run into Europe.. bought the day before we went with 50K on it.. went like a dream (not super dream)... more CB900's... I loved them.. CB1100RC... and lets not forget, it all started on a SS50 :)

yes, your right.. too much too quick without real life testing and development...

You forgot the 900 carb iceing up .. and the Hondas CX500.. great bike.. bought because my cb900 got nicked and we were off on a 3500 mile run into Europe.. bought the day before we went with 50K on it.. went like a dream (not super dream)... more CB900's... I loved them.. CB1100RC... and lets not forget, it all started on a SS50 :)

yes, your right.. too much too quick without real life testing and development...
I made good overtime money with the Kawasaki 1000J and GPZ1100 replacing sets of pistons under warranty.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6 using Tapatalk

I made good overtime money with the Kawasaki 1000J and GPZ1100 replacing sets of pistons under warranty.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6 using Tapatalk

I must be lucky then. I made it to Saxilby bike night last night, near you, on the GPz. Could`nt walk by the time I got back tho...... :)

Back
Top Bottom