Not exactly new , rejoining with a new to me 1100GS

Stevea63

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning all, I used to be on here many moons ago when I had an 1150GSA and now back in the fold with an immaculate 1100GS which I collect next week . I had one years ago and have fond memories and looking forward to organising some trips on her . I will have a look through the posts but Im looking for sensible mods to make as the bike is almost stock , just a Remus can and Sargant seat from what I can see . Any thoughts on that most appreciated , which will aid performance and comfort on road , I don't envisage anything other than fire roads at worst on it but in reality it will be 99% road biased .

Thanks, Steve ( based in Suffolk )

OK , putting more time ontop the bike now , installed one of Johns chips , new tyres and had a good service . love the bike but love fiddling and tweaking .. love to hear what people have done to their 1100, otherwise I can see my eye being drawn to a 1200 .. :)

Howdy. There may be a sticky in the 850/1100/1150 section about what you ask (I haven't looked to check). When I had an 1100GS the wiring around the headstock failed as a result of overzealous factory cable tying IIRC. Patched up by a nice AA man to get me home then a new replacement ordered - from motorworks I think. My 1100 had Ohlins F&R and is another bike I should have never sold ... :blast :( :tears

Back
Top Bottom