New Tyres Fitted Unbelievable

My experience is that the quick guys never feel the need to mention it ..... :augie

My experience is that the quick guys never feel the need to mention it ..... :augie

Surfaced again have we ……..same old answer Giles zzzzzzzzzz you make me smile every time xx I blame Harry the cat for asking the question

I love you too .... xx

I don't how you manage to keep your licence riding so fast :green gri

I'm an old fart and am not fast, but I have a new 1250 with Bridgestone A41's on it and compared to the panaky 3's fitted to my previous GS 250 miles in I quite like them:beerjug:

what's wrong with METZELLERS????

Nothing as I had 01's on my previous GS after ditching the panaky 3's but the A41's came as the OE fitment (Rather than the latest Michelins TFFT) and from 1st impressions I'll likely keep them on until they need changing

Conti Trail Attack 3 first ride out from new ( Wales ) mainly wet conditions 290 miles , similar grip but without the weird front end.
Like I said the Road tech is a great set if you can deal with the front squirm , for me the CTA3 surpasses the Road Tec as it heats fast , holds its heat and grips in all conditions.

Be interested what you think of the PST2. I still rate the PST2. Greatly disliked the CRA3.

Just shows how subjective tires really are, you hate them and I love them, both opinions being equally valid

Guess the only way for any of us to know is to try a model and decide for yourself

It is not entirely subjective. Design and profile and engineered purpose plays a significant role. CRA3 is a good touring tyre with ample grip, but it is not a fast turning tyre for more more aggressive riding. Stick's friends says he is 'fucking fast' which he does not deny, so it sounds like he is a quick rider. PST2 is a much more sporting tyre than the CRA3, hence my question was directed at him.

Tempted to give these a go:

image.jpg

Yes please, and reports back asap.
No ferries in or out until May (!) so plenty time to polish all the cars and bikes instead of using the Metzler 01`s.

Be interested what you think of the PST2. I still rate the PST2. Greatly disliked the CRA3.

I will be trying a set soon , as a lot of riders rate them , I used a set of the older scorpion trail once and liked them , but would imagine the new PS2 will be good . Your point of the profiles is something I have discussed before and agree with you ,I like a fast turn tyre set , the CRA 3 is slow , much like the new annake and the A41 , I had both sets , rode them once , binned them . But that was my choice as they don’t suit my style , I don’t like a lazy neural bike , I like a bike you can turn on it’s head at any time . This however will not suit all and that’s fine , I post the points I find and hope may help similar rider styles , not to get my dick out and compare .
I was rolled across the coals for posting photos of a set of PR5 that lasted 1200 miles (4 days) but it was for me a point to make if you like to ride hard in the mountains as my 5th day was ruined and the ride back to Barcelona a nightmare . Not now tho I have got a local guy to sort tyres ( Spain)
Happy days ... one wheels enough

Back
Top Bottom