Tank Bag

eddles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All. It seems dealers are open as I had a deal with Lind yesterday on a new GSA1250 Rally TE.... Anyway my post isn’t to gloat (well maybe a little) but does anybody know if the BMW tank bag for a 2017 1200 GS is compatible with my new toy? I suspect I already know the answer but I’m looking forward to being wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The straps attach completely differently, so the answer is no. I sold my GS tankbag and bought the RS one when I replaced the GS with an RS.

I can recommend the Enduristan 4A as an alternative. Absolutely rock solid attachment and although a bit pricey, IMO worth it.

Thanks, thought that would be the case. Look out for a once used GS tank bag in the very near future then! Thanks for recommendation of alternative, I must admit I do find the genuine one a bit of a faff when fuelling.

Thanks, thought that would be the case. Look out for a once used GS tank bag in the very near future then! Thanks for recommendation of alternative, I must admit I do find the genuine one a bit of a faff when fuelling.

I had the small BMW tank bag for my 2016 GS, which also fitted my 2018 GSA. So, may be worth trying before you change. The only thing I didn't like about the BMW bag was the reflection of the map pocket, which can be a nightmare when touring. In hindsight, I should have covered it with a matt or satin wrap.

Hi All. It seems dealers are open as I had a deal with Lind yesterday on a new GSA1250 Rally TE.... Anyway my post isn’t to gloat (well maybe a little) but does anybody know if the BMW tank bag for a 2017 1200 GS is compatible with my new toy? I suspect I already know the answer but I’m looking forward to being wrong

Sorry, ignore my earlier reply - for some reason I thought I was on the RS forum. Doh! What an idiot.

Having owned a 1200 GS and a 1250 GS I can confirm the bag fits both of them, but the different tank on the GSA may prevent it fitting on that. I expect the rear strap fixings will be the same, but the front attachment may not be.

I think the fittings are available separately so you might be able to make it fit

i went from GSA to GS and the bags base are different , due to the tanks . So I am pretty sure the answer to the question is the GS tank bag won't fit the GSA

Yes, will fit no problem same bag on my 2014 GSA,2016 GS and now on the 1250

Attachments

• D1187B73-FCB0-400D-A4EE-105813C80FD9.jpg
    D1187B73-FCB0-400D-A4EE-105813C80FD9.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 526
The answer might be to buy a Givi Tank Lock bag then the worst you will need is a new ring in future.

Works for me.

That's encouraging, i won't bother selling it yet then. Looking forward to trying it on the new bike on Saturday - hopefully - when i pick it up ....

Back
Top Bottom