New R1250GS- Caliper leaking in showroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But did they loan you a GS when the RT was recalled shortly after launch , or have you got an older more reliable model ? :)

Had a GS once for a loaner, wasn't for me though. Probably don't have as much experience of bikes as you lot, only been riding since the late 60s. But I've had 4 RTs, starting with two R80s, put 25k on my used 2014 and now own a 1250. I fully agree that there have been issues with some BMW bikes, but in my experience no other manufacturer has looked after customers like BMW. But then I can also say all the other bikes I have owned were not without issues and I've had a bike from most manufactures at some point, even KTM and i hate orange

I will keep you up to date when I change mine next year , just hope Brembo up the game to match the Hayes

Not sure why people have a problem with them.Mine stop the bike ok

No. The GS is in a different league when it comes to recalls & issues.

How many recalls has the 1200/1250 been subjected to since 2013?

Eleventy thousand. And counting.

I'll help you out as you clearly don't know but are happy to point a finger: 2, although one (forks) was called a service campaign.

KTM and Ducati have had more on the 1290 and 1260 equivs - mainly relating to Brembo brake parts, brake hoses and leaking fuel.

I'm not saying BMW are better, just no worse, but that doesn't suit your narrative so crack on. :beerjug:

I'll help you out as you clearly don't know but are happy to point a finger: 2, although one (forks) was called a service campaign.

KTM and Ducati have had more on the 1290 and 1260 equivs - mainly relating to Brembo brake parts, brake hoses and leaking fuel.

I'm not saying BMW are better, just no worse, but that doesn't suit your narrative so crack on. :beerjug:

I suggest you go back through this section. There were several recalls and service bulletins when I owned mine, a hell of a lot more than two, that’s for sure. ;)

And if it suits your narrative to keep mentioning other brands then go for it. It’s irrelevant on here though.

How many recalls has the 1200/1250 been subjected to since 2013?

My 1200, none, apart from the suspension which was done before I owned it, but was handled very well by BMW. 1250, none, but as I said mine was/are RTs

Why do you keep mentioning KTM ? Very bizarre !

I will keep you up to date when I change mine next year , just hope Brembo up the game to match the Hayes

BMW are going back to Brembo.I saw it in a leaked email......appropriately:)

Ah, the two Trolls at it again.:rolleyes: crack on lads it makes zero difference to me what either of you say because in my world, your opinions mean jack shit to me. Jog on, nowt to see here.:thumb:p

Ah, the two Trolls at it again.:rolleyes: crack on lads it makes zero difference to me what either of you say because in my world, your opinions mean jack shit to me. Jog on, nowt to see here.:thumb:p

bd18d0496aab7968e10ceb2f625a634b.jpg

You do seem to get quite upset though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom