Problems with my brand new GS 1250 Adventuer

C Bowen

Reaction score
Hi all would just like to advise you all a bout the problem i am have wiith my new bike
this is my furst time with this brad of bike and what can i say very very poor indeded my bike started with issusee a few months ago in fact the bike as let me doewn 5 times in two months had the bike recoverd 2 time well how can i start furst the bike behaved like it was not runing right with slit noise from the engine was informed that this was normall for this type of bike bering in mind these guys are BWW trainied wrong but somthing not right with this engine all i can say at this moment in time i was right with the engine noise.

then the bike started to miss like fuel was bing cut and the warining light s saying all sort of thing then the biker had to be recoverd

well the BMW experenace was fading for me at this moment in time but that was nothing to what was going to come this is my findings will list them

1 No comunication with BMW assist at all

2 Could not tell me where my bike went was lost in the system with no information where the bike ended up was only informed that the bike was in a BMW garage had to wait 5 day to tell me where it was

3 BMW complaints department induquet to do there duty and not got the skill base to deal with things thus not looking into a problem just seding you a letter but losing all the information with the problems

4 BMW Tech not being honest telling you there is nothing wrong with the bike but clealy is to the extent that the bike is un safe bad news

5 Cant seem to make a dission and act on the findings this is very bad new for this brand lack of custamor service none existent.

6 Lossed total fath in there product due two factours unreliability Bad counication

7 Problem with the Nav 6 and that is another topic which BMW will not admit

So please be ware with this model and do not be sucked in with the suport that thy say you have it is far from the truth .

you guss it i am awating a dission from top dog from BMW what to do i have infromed them that i would like to reject the bike and most problbly get my money Back this is sad for me i thought that the brand was a good one we are paying very hight prices for there bike but not getting a good product plus very bad customer service no this topic will open a can of worms

Hi all would just like to advise you all a bout the problem i am have wiith my new bike
this is my furst time with this brad of bike and what can i say very very poor indeded my bike started with issusee a few months ago in fact the bike as let me doewn 5 times in two months had the bike recoverd 2 time well how can i start furst the bike behaved like it was not runing right with slit noise from the engine was informed that this was normall for this type of bike bering in mind these guys are BWW trainied wrong but somthing not right with this engine all i can say at this moment in time i was right with the engine noise.

then the bike started to miss like fuel was bing cut and the warining light s saying all sort of thing then the biker had to be recoverd

well the BMW experenace was fading for me at this moment in time but that was nothing to what was going to come this is my findings will list them

2 Could not tell me where my bike went was lost in the system with no information where the bike ended up was only informed that the bike was in a BMW garage had to wait 5 day to tell me where it was

3 BMW complaints department induquet to do there duty and not got the skill base to deal with things thus not looking into a problem just seding you a letter but losing all the information with the problems

4 BMW Tech not being honest telling you there is nothing wrong with the bike but clealy is to the extent that the bike is un safe bad news

5 Cant seem to make a dission and act on the findings this is very bad new for this brand lack of custamor service none existent.

6 Lossed total fath in there product due two factours unreliability Bad counication

So please be ware with this model and do not be sucked in with the suport that thy say you have it is far from the truth .

you guss it i am awating a dission from top dog from BMW what to do i have infromed them that i would like to reject the bike and most problbly get my money Back this is sad for me i thought that the brand was a good one we are paying very hight prices for there bike but not getting a good product plus very bad customer service no this topic will open a can of worms

Sad to hear about your negative experience.
But I must admit your story is opposite of my experience with the bike as well as the dealer network in absolutely all respects.

Hope it works out for you at the end.
Good luck.

Strange, I had to call out BMW recently and they asked which dealer you want your bike recovered too.

The operator I dealt with, (Beth) was friendly, helpful and totally professional.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sad to hear about your negative experience.
But I must admit your story is opposite of my experience with the bike as well as the dealer network in absolutely all respects.

Hope it works out for you at the end.
Good luck.
This has been my experience too^^

I had the dreaded 'leaky brakes' issue.
The recovery was from my home address within 3 hours of reporting. I was kept fully informed, given a brand new (and I mean brand new) S1000R (as well as the option.of 3 other bikes) and the bike was repaired 3 weeks faster than they initially quoted.

I have to say that theexperience has been far better than others with Suzuki. (Albeit the Suzuki didn't breakdown in the 10 years I had it!)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Im sorry the OP has had these issues, but it’s completely different from my experience. I have used BMW Assist four times in the last 17 years, twice for a car, twice for bikes and I have to say even the last time when they used a contractor the service was first class.

Turned up when they said they would, asked which dealer I preferred the vehicle to be repaired at and returned it all on time. The dealers are generally good, but BMW Assist much more reliable.

Hope you’re sorted soon.

Spell check required :blast Sorry about your issues hope you get it sorted

Perhaps he’s dyslexic.....not everybody can be like Tarka....

I'm a hopeless speller that's why I use spellcheck !

Out of seven posts 7 are about the OP’s spelling, especially from the resident scientists.

Back to the subject. I rejected 2 1200 GS back in 2013/2014. I had excellent coms from my dealer and BMW UK. The bike was recovered by BMW to NOG every time, when it arrived I received an email from the garage as agreed with the recovery person. It is unusual this lack of service.

I am on my fourth BMW GS. Yes I am a masochist :D

@C Bowen if it Chester Motoradd you are dealing with, I can understand your frustrations. I find them appalling at getting back to you, don’t know how they are still in business. Fortunately, my 3 GSs have been faultless. Hope you get it sorted.

If you're dyslexic, why would you not use a spell checker?
Sometimes if your too far off with the spelling spell check won’t work. The other problem is that to me it actually looks right. My spelling has been commented on here before. Really have people nothing better to do. You can assinate someone’s character on here without much provocation without any issue. You will have a herd of followers but miss spell? Fuck sake. Did you read any historical manuscripts. Kings and queens couldn’t spell right. Get a life. JJH

I picked up my new GSA just over a week ago from Chester.

It's no defence but they seem, to be on minimum staffing at the moment with emails taking a while to deal with.

Always found BMW Assist very good whenever I've needed them.

They must know where your bike is.

Good lucK !

Anyone considered that as the OP is from North Wales, English might not be his first language? His prose and spelling although not correct is understandable.
In my experience of BMW assist and the dealers I've used over the years, his experience does seem to be below par. If written communication is not his strong point, I suggest telephoning the number ( I don’t have it to hand) in the documentation that came with the bike. I’m sure he will, as I have in the past, find a helpful person at the other end who will investigate and help.
Alan R

Sometimes if your too far off with the spelling spell check won’t work. The other problem is that to me it actually looks right. My spelling has been commented on here before. Really have people nothing better to do. You can assinate someone’s character on here without much provocation without any issue. You will have a herd of followers but miss spell? Fuck sake. Did you read any historical manuscripts. Kings and queens couldn’t spell right. Get a life. JJH
I think you're getting a bit excited over a perfectly innocent post. It's hardly character assassination.

BMW assist let me down badly last year in Austria with a bike only 3 months old. They recovered it and in the end I had to go to the dealer and sort it out face to face. The dealer had no idea why it had been sent to them and BMW assist just kept telling me they couldn't sort it. In my case shocking service.

Back
Top Bottom