Any Scrambler owners near beccles, bungay, norwich..

alphadog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi guys, wondering if there are any scrambler owners near to me that will allow me to have a "fitting" on there bike ? went up the road to bmw in norwich but there show bike is sitting on a pile of logs in the window. i dont want to ask for a test ride because i have no intention of buying a new bike.
obviously i wont ask to ride your bike, just check out the seating position, bars to pegs etc.
hopefully with winter around the corner i will be able to pick one up for a good price.
if you are close and you would prefer that i didnt come out to you, {for security reasons}you are most welcome to come to my place in the village of ditchingham nr352qh.

thanks
stephen.

i dont want to ask for a test ride because i have no intention of buying a new bike

Just ask for a demo anyway

It's one thing sitting on a bike to see if it fits you but it's only a Demo that will make your mind up as to whether or not you could live with the bike :thumby:

I’ve had a GS, GSA, wanted a change so on a service had a scrambler for the day, it’s a great bike, but by the end of the day it felt too small and I felt tired having such a naked bike. So next bike was a 1250 GSA. Given a day or twos notice they will be more than happy to get the scrambler ready for you. Not interested in a new one, they’re still promoting the brand you could also be using them for servicing/warranty, I did in the end make the right choice.

these nine t models certainly bring out a surprising amount of nay sayers, will have to find out why for myself, will phone the dealer tommorow and try and sort a test ride. i like to mess around on day trips and sometime do a bit of greenlaning , not really into the ten day camping adventures overseas, so this may be right for me.i recently sold my gsa [aircooled] it was just too big for me. i have in the last 12 years owned most of the gs range including a hp2 so will be interesting to compare. thanks for the comments.

To be fair the scrambler was a whole lot easier to manage it was a delight from Cannon at Braintree around Maldon/Burnham on Crouch area, just not for me right now. Hope you like it.

true, but its also nice to chat with an owner.

I had one from new

PB180084.jpg

Great engine but the suspension was awful so I bought one of these instead

20200413-152746.jpg

:thumb2

yes, have done loads of research, . very expensive for decent aftermarket set up and wondering if its going to be worth the trouble.trying one out next week but will an hour or so be enough?. hope so.

It shouldn't take you that long to realise that it's rubbish !
Paul, that’s harsh! Sure it could be better but the rear shock, especially, gets better with a few miles on it and properly set up. I’m on my second Rninet and both had stock suspension total mileage 25000 and it hasn’t been that bad. I might go Wilbers for a height adjustable option. What you’ve got to give these bikes is a beautiful engine. Very forgiving torque curve, power enough for when you want it and, unlike the later liquid cooled engines, real soul.

If you do decide that the shock isn’t too good, one of these may be worth considering to replace it. https://shock-factory.co.uk/content/8-m-shock-absorber-for-bike

No affiliation, but I’ve got one one my R Nine T Pure and it makes a difference.
Just looked at these, they look good value for money. Also have the facility for ride height adjustment. I’ve just emailed to ask how much adjustment they actually have. They only list up to 2018 for the R nine T, mines a 19, not sure if there’s any difference.

Just looked at these, they look good value for money. Also have the facility for ride height adjustment. I’ve just emailed to ask how much adjustment they actually have. They only list up to 2018 for the R nine T, mines a 19, not sure if there’s any difference.

No, I don't know either. I have a standard height one on my Pure and really like it, but I think someone on here, after advice, put a +10mm or so on theirs, apparently sharpening up the handling.

If you do go down this route, I'm sure the red spring will enhance the gold tank!

Back
Top Bottom