New R1250GS 2021 coming.

4 Colour schemes, new look/cornering lights, heated seats, configurable riding modes, bar risers & ABS.

Order yours now before they sell out :blagblah

Gosh... just noticed the GS screen is yellow too :barf
Who in the design team is in charge of selecting coloured hand guards? I thought the white ones were bad enough and ought to be dumped as soon as possible: Yellow ones? :barf:barf
Alan R

T-B and Rallye are nice and mean the current generation is finally seeing it's last or last 2 years...A little cosmetic with LED cornering lights and LED blinkers/lights and ECO mode in times you have to make it to the next gas station is nice.Hopefully EU-5 has no negative impact on the 1250 like EU-4 had on the 1200 taking the mid-range away.Otherwise I could see myself going back to a Rally or T-B GSA because I miss the tank-range in Mexico...Not the heft though...;)
2022 or 2023 when the all new R 1300 generation comes out I hope we see 160 hp/NM , a little less weight , a gallon more in the tank as also 2 same size bags and of course 2 additional models replacing the old time fork 1250R/RS.
A R130XR/M1300GS and a R1300S with Telelever equally fun on trackdays and capable for the holiday trip like the R90S & R1100S were in their days with also a R1300S Boxercup - series running in MotoGP or WSBK....That would be awesome:thumby: Until then I can save my money by keeping my R1250GS-HP for 2 more years...Life is good:thumb2

From the vid I think the 40 year GSA looks shite.The GS looks quite good.
Heated seats ?
BMW seem to be 2/3 years behind the competition.First with TFTs and now heated seats. What about backlit switchgear ? Is that standard yet ?

What do you need backlid switchgear for ? We need 160 hp and 17" wheels....:D
I agree though the 40th anniversary looks shite but the TB-GSA and Rallye-GSA look very good !
The T-B GS looks good too but is not available with sports-suspension...THe Rallye-GS while not bad looking does not look as good as the GS-HP...I.M.H.O...;)

Bargain

5a3169147765b5608a1f239eccef7753.jpg

But seems you can’t have a heated seat if you want the 40 year colour.
Bizarre

37f46e554f017f4994e5288fe86a1760.jpg

Multiple improvements to an already great bike.

Four colour schemes, so no one forcing anyone to buy a yellow one.

I like it.

Meh...

M1250 GSA Please....

KTRIC...Swansong for the 1250....What do you mean already ? The current generation GS has seen a lot of successful seasons...2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020 and now 2021 and maybe 2022.A very good bike for sure but not as good as it can't be improved and the competition has only one thing over the GS...more top end !
Less weight and more power is always a plus.Plus a 100% street oriented version and a S-SPORT (touring) Boxer the current generation unfortunately never saw...The R/RS never lit my fire and the fork definitely was a step backwards...:(
2022 or 2023 they all new stuff will come...Maybe by then it is a good time to buy one of the last 1250's (if EU-5 has no negative impact on performance) and wait for another 2-3 years to let the R1300 ripe...:D
The T-B and Rallye GSADV are definitely better looking than the colors available in 2019/20 !
The regular GS-Rallye which is the only version available with sports-suspension does not look as good as the HP...But if you don't need/want the stiffer/taller sports-suspension I think the T-B GS is the best color for the regular GS so far...
Cornering lights are nice but I don't need because I don't ride at night , LED blinkers/lights will put WEISER out of business and ECO mode which would come handy in some remote areas especially with the small 20 liter tank would come handy but I can do that myself shutting the throttle off @ 5800 rpm max...;)
Jokes aside wouldn't mind if ECO mode would be retrofit-able on the 2019/20 1250 because I have not enough willpower and hate to push the bike...:D

Warlord...M 1300 GS please !
But it looks we have to be patient for 2 more years...:comfort

https://youtu.be/CEdkZihwIC0

Quite like this channel.

Also like the new black and Rallye colours !

Not sure about yellow

The Triple Black is almost identical to the exclusive, bar a couple of stickers.
40th Anniversary. Yellow hand guards. Yellow screen. Apparently costs £19.5K in TE spec. Verdict? Load of crap. They could have come up with a far better design - it’s just a few stickers and a bit of coloured plastic and none of it looks good.

Don’t forget the indicators that stay on faintly... like the Africa Twin has had for the last 5 years, or heated seats, which they’ve had on their own touring bikes for 15+ years.

Dull dull dull :sleep

The Triple Black is almost identical to the exclusive, bar a couple of stickers.
40th Anniversary. Yellow hand guards. Yellow screen. Apparently costs £19.5K in TE spec. Verdict? Load of crap. They could have come up with a far better design - it’s just a few stickers and a bit of coloured plastic and none of it looks good.

Don’t forget the indicators that stay on faintly... like the Africa Twin has had for the last 5 years, or heated seats, which they’ve had on their own touring bikes for 15+ years.

Dull dull dull :sleep

BMW do seem to be far behind the others in technology and introducing new stuff that the others have been running for years ....

Back
Top Bottom