Portsoy 10 to 12 September 2021

Just back from a couple of nights In Portsoy. For those staying at the Station Hotel, the grub is excellent and the Sail Loft is as good as ever. : thumb2
a2590f3e42880eff2ac76ca700e11966.jpg

Just back from a couple of nights In Portsoy. For those staying at the Station Hotel, the grub is excellent and the Sail Loft is as good as ever. : thumb2
a2590f3e42880eff2ac76ca700e11966.jpg

If you've just been you won't be so excited in two weeks time!

Which airhead is your one Pete?

If you've just been you won't be so excited in two weeks time!

Which airhead is your one Pete?

Come on Iain! You've seen the GS before. The 100/7 belongs to pal Dave. He's had it since 1987, buying it from the original owner. He's done some cosmetic work, respraying the tanks and side panels and front mudguard. Other than that, totally original, ticking over like a Swiss watch and doing so a lot more quietly than my GS. And it's not for sale. :D

Come on Iain! You've seen the GS before. The 100/7 belongs to pal Dave. He's had it since 1987, buying it from the original owner. He's done some cosmetic work, respraying the tanks and side panels and front mudguard. Other than that, totally original, ticking over like a Swiss watch and doing so a lot more quietly than my GS. And it's not for sale. :D

You might have bought another one!

Ok, i have booked a table at the Station Inn for the Friday night, initially for four as i just geussed at it but, if there are more i can ring and let them know.

That then will be me and my buddy Mark plus perhaps Wrinkleyowly and Santa :thumb2

Booked Thursday, Fri, Sat nights at Station Hotel months ago on booking .com, as a fall back if I can't get into France to looks likely my Euro tour is on so will be canceling booking soon, not clear how to transfer booking if anyone wants it or just cancel and a room should pop up as available?

Ok, i have booked a table at the Station Inn for the Friday night, initially for four as i just geussed at it but, if there are more i can ring and let them know.

That then will be me and my buddy Mark plus perhaps Wrinkleyowly and Santa :thumb2

Count me in Tony :)

If the weather is kind Friday 10th September, I plan to take the scenic route from my home to Portsoy.

Leaving about midday from Blairgowrie - (A93) - Glenshee - Braemar - take a left (B976) @ Balmoral - Corgaff - Cock Bridge - Lecht- Tomintoul (coffee/pee stop)
Along 9008 through Whisky country - Dufftown - Keith- Portsoy (+/- 140 miles)

I did this route Tuesday past, Cairngorm National Park, Glenshee, Lecht, whisky country, some of the best roads/scenery bonnie Scotland has to offer.

Should anyone wish to join me they would be more than welcome.

Cheers,
Rob :)

I’ve sent you a pm Tony.

If the weather is kind Friday 10th September, I plan to take the scenic route from my home to Portsoy.

Leaving about midday from Blairgowrie - (A93) - Glenshee - Braemar - take a left (B976) @ Balmoral - Corgaff - Cock Bridge - Lecht- Tomintoul (coffee/pee stop)

I did this route Tuesday past, Cairngorm National Park, Glenshee, Lecht, whisky country, some of the best roads/scenery bonnie Scotland has to offer.

Cheers,

That’s a cracking route Rob.

Count me in Tony :)

Ok. So far, i have me, Mark (MarkGSA), Santa, Old Codger and Wrinkleyowlie for a table on the Friday night in the Station Hotel.

Anymore? :beerjug:

Cheers,

Just be aware that Aiberdeenshire Cooncil have been busy chucking down a wheen o tar an stanes on the old military road (A97) leading to Huntly. It makes for an interesting ride! :eek:

The Tesco at Huntly is also a good place to tank up for the rest of the weekend. :thumb2

Just be aware that Aiberdeenshire Cooncil have been busy chucking down a wheen o tar an stanes on the old military road (A97) leading to Huntly. It makes for an interesting ride! :eek:

The Tesco at Huntly is also a good place to tank up for the rest of the weekend. :thumb2
They’ve been surface dressing with extreme prejudice this year. All over the bloody place.

Cheers,

Hi Rob, I'm staying at the Travelodge Kinross on Thursday night and had more or less planned this route. I'll most probably leave Kinross fairly early so may be in Blairgowrie long before your departure time. I'll stop for some brekkie and see what time I arrive in Blairgowrie. If it's anywhere around that time I'll hang around and have a ride up with you.

Steve.

Hi Rob, I'm staying at the Travelodge Kinross on Thursday night and had more or less planned this route. I'll most probably leave Kinross fairly early so may be in Blairgowrie long before your departure time. I'll stop for some brekkie and see what time I arrive in Blairgowrie. If it's anywhere around that time I'll hang around and have a ride up with you.

Steve.

Hello Steve, I'm as flexible as a teenage Gymnast :eek: lets see if anyone else would like to join us, then formulate a plan from there :thumb

Looking good, one of my dream bikes in the late 70's:thumb

I try not to look too much, could be expensive

Back
Top Bottom