Denali DM kit

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the twin under headlight Denali DM kit on their GS /GSA and if so what was the result using them as running lights during the day and to supplement the dip beam at night .

This is the kit I am asking about

Attachments

• denali dm 1.png
    denali dm 1.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 414
I can't comment on how effective the lighting would be but isn't the ambient temp sensor located around there and if so, would the lights not affect it?

I do not have the led headlight and the temp sensor is far enough away, bmw actually do an auxilliary led daytime running lamp that fits in the same location, but new the lamp is over £ 200 and it requires a diffferent left hand switch gear £400 plus and then recoding by a dealer.
My bike has the bmw led fogs on the crashbars but wantd sone extra discrete but useful lighting.

I could retrofit a used LED headlight but they are £ 400 plus and still require coding by a main dealer so hence the question about this Denali option

Different model to that shown in the op but is the temp sensor not where I've indicated in this picture, or is it something else?
x0HDj5Cl.jpg

Temp sensor is nearer the standard headlight than where the Denali lights mount

Well kit arrived today and is partially fitted with all the wiring runs sorted , realy impressed by the quality of the lights , switchgear and wiring loom.

Special bracket mount will be here on Monday and I just need to find a switchable live on the front of the bike to act as a trigger for the lights relay, will probably try to pick up off the back of the accessory socket.

Interesting to see how well they perform

Well I got the lights fitted up wth the bracketry , set them up as spot lights for the minute although the kit includes the optional flood light lenses. The way they are set up they cover the same area as dipped beam but have a much brighter light and they should be excellent as daytime driving lamps

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 161

Back
Top Bottom