ULEZ exemption on a year 2000 1150gs

mud352

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought my first GS a few months ago and I took a bit of a punt on getting it ULEZ exempt for riding in central London. It’s a year 2000 so it isn’t automatically exempt and everything I read suggested that if it was pre 2003 ish BMW wouldn’t be able to help. So I emailed BMW for a certificate of compliance and the sent one back in German and there were no emission details listed. It apparently isn’t available in English. So I emailed back explaining what I was trying to do and got a very nice email back detailing the emissions for the bike. I sent the emails on to TFL and they have accepted that my bike is ULEZ exempt so mission accomplished! Hopefully this might help someone in a similar position keep their bike. I guess it could also make a bike more saleable to some which might be worth the effort of a couple of emails.

Cheers

I did the same thing a couple of years ago and also used the paperwork to successfully apply for a French Crit d'air certificate

Thanks Mr B, that’s awesome news. Does the French certificate last for ever or is it an annual thing please? Thanks

From the FAQ in the link that Buellz posted.

How long is my Air Quality Certificate valid for ?
A vehicle retains the same environmental classification throughout its lifetime.
Once acquired, the certificate is valid for as long as it remains legible.

The ink and materials used for the certificate have been chosen to last as long as possible.
When the vehicle has its contrôle technique (statutory routine inspection for vehicles registered in France), the certificate’s legibility will be checked and, depending on the result, a replacement may be required.

Back
Top Bottom