Replacing heated grips

db-89

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone wired in oxford heated grips to the original wiring and switch on a hex? Price of a new heated grip isnt very viable and awaiting the other side to fail this may be a cheaper and better option

you are supposed to be able to repair the break with soldering iron and an Italian lot do fake rubbers

videos on youtube

I cut my faulty (cold) throttle grip open, found no fault, sleeved it in an Italian grip rubber and now it works. Bizarre.

Iv seen a few people repairing them but seem to get continuous faults and having to repair again. For 30 quid a set of grips it might be worth a go

Iv seen a few people repairing them but seem to get continuous faults and having to repair again. For 30 quid a set of grips it might be worth a go

You may as well not use the stock switch tbh. Mine only has 2 settings anyway and the Oxford heated grips on my other bikes have multiple heat settings so I'm not sure how this could be utilised with the stock switch. Use a relay triggered from somewhere so you don't accidentally leave them on.

Oxford grips are awful. The wiring involved, the bodged looks, the potential to drain the battery…

You may as well not use the stock switch tbh. Mine only has 2 settings anyway and the Oxford heated grips on my other bikes have multiple heat settings so I'm not sure how this could be utilised with the stock switch. Use a relay triggered from somewhere so you don't accidentally leave them on.

Roxster heated grips have only 2 settings..think theyre a cheaper version of the oxford stuff

the new ones switch themselves off after a few minutes...

OK, so factor in the time spent wiring into the power source for the Oxford grips and fitting the poxy heated hand grips and the switch/adjuster and making the wiring look half presentable.

How much has the OP actually saved himself financially and ended up with a home made amatur looking inferior product.... :D

OK, so factor in the time spent wiring into the power source for the Oxford grips and fitting the poxy heated hand grips and the switch/adjuster and making the wiring look half presentable.

How much has the OP actually saved himself financially and ended up with a home made amatur looking inferior product.... :D

It's precisely £1.03

Back
Top Bottom