Old question... What tyres?

Be interested in anyone swapping from road 5 to road 6s as thats what im just about to do
Rob

I'm running Metzeler Roadtec 01's on my R1250GS, really impressed with them, as good if not better than Michelin's (I had Road 5's before) IMO but last a bit longer. Good grip and give confidence, wet or dry. I've just changed my rear after just over 6k miles - still plenty of tread on the front tyre, which I'm expecting to last as long as this second rear.

Be interested in anyone swapping from road 5 to road 6s as thats what im just about to do
Rob

this is what I've just done, but not had chance to run them yet. Im hoping that the claim they last longer is true ?

Put a set on few weeks ago
Finding them great in the dry but can't report on wet performance as yet
Front end road noise is a lot less than my previous road 5's

I have done 2000 miles on the CTA3 now and have come to the conclusion that I prefer the Roadtec 01's. Both excellent though.

I have done 2000 miles on the CTA3 now and have come to the conclusion that I prefer the Roadtec 01's. Both excellent though.

I was contemplating trying the CTA3, and would be curious to hear why. Can you share?

I was contemplating trying the CTA3, and would be curious to hear why. Can you share?

The CTA3’s are great on the road, especially if you are cracking on at a decent pace and in this aspect, they outperform the Metzelers. Phenomenal grip and quick steering.

However, I’ve just done 1600 miles through Normandy on them, fully loaded up and at high speed, there’s more wobble than from any other tyre I’ve used with one of my GS’s.

This may just be me, I don’t know? But there is certainly a difference and the tyre is the only variable that I can think of that may be the cause. Just my personal experience of course.

The CTA3’s are great on the road, especially if you are cracking on at a decent pace and in this aspect, they outperform the Metzelers. Phenomenal grip and quick steering.

However, I’ve just done 1600 miles through Normandy on them, fully loaded up and at high speed, there’s more wobble than from any other tyre I’ve used with one of my GS’s.

This may just be me, I don’t know? But there is certainly a difference and the tyre is the only variable that I can think of that may be the cause. Just my personal experience of course.

Thanks - much appreciated.

Had R6 fitted about 400 miles ago and I’m impressed.
Tried a few different tyres on my previous GS/GSA’s and these are the best to date.
Much quieter than previous tyres. They deffo turn in quicker and give you confidence when you’re on the edge. I don’t ride off road at all and we’ll see how long they’ll last.

Dunlop Trailmax missions for the win!

Bike doesn’t want to turn, then falls in and doesn’t want to come back up again. Sketchy as fook but hilarious to ride on, I really am enjoying them as it’s a rollercoaster ride :D

They are good on the gravelly stuff though :thumb2

Had R6 fitted about 400 miles ago and I’m impressed.
Tried a few different tyres on my previous GS/GSA’s and these are the best to date.
Much quieter than previous tyres. They deffo turn in quicker and give you confidence when you’re on the edge. I don’t ride off road at all and we’ll see how long they’ll last.

Did you go for the standard Road 6 or their Road 6 GT version for the bike?
Thanks in advance buddy!

Easy to see why this clown only has 19 posts in 4 years, asks obvious questions then abandons the threads.

Just had a pair of Continental TA3 fitted in place of the Michelin AA. Forgot how quiet and smooth they feel. So nice to be back on them. I’m now kind of glad I couldn’t get a rear Michelin AA.

Back
Top Bottom