Running a bit rich…

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My GSA runs quite rich, riders behind moaning about petrol smells etc…..

It’s running a Y piece and Remus….

Any home adjustments I can do? Or does it need somebody with a GS911 thing or whatever they are called…:D

Or do they all do that…..

Just done a search…

I’ll await the abuse …..

Bike runs fine!!

I cannot smell anything…

So fuck em

find some twat who will plug it in for you , just to check ....

you never know your luck , someone might do it for something from here ....https://www.micksmonsterburgers.com/menu/

i was there a week ago , @ 0030hrs , very dark, very misty but they were open. ( but i failed to ring you , i don't think you would have been amused.)

find some twat who will plug it in for you , just to check ....

you never know your luck , someone might do it for something from here ....https://www.micksmonsterburgers.com/menu/

i was there a week ago , @ 0030hrs , very dark, very misty but they were open. ( but i failed to ring you , i don't think you would have been amused.)

You have a date…… I’ll buy the burgers……

Let me know when you are next passing!!

The TPS (Black box thing Left side throttle body) basically tells the ECU when the throttle angle is at Idle and the A to Z'th value between Idle and Full open throttle

If it has had a clunk with a large boot, it can shift, then telling the ECU that the Throttle angle is idle plus 1000 revs of opening when in fact it is still at idle

The ECU can only believe the TPS information and just opens the injectors for the extra time to give the required extra fuel, hence running rich with a sooty pipe

In the Meanwhile (Never used that Monty Python line before but it is quite apt!)

Either The Lamda probe is quite likely fighting for its existence or its already goosed and not compensating

Another option is the Lamda is goosed and the TPS is okay

Checking the TPS voltage with Ignition on and Back probing the rear most wire as +ve and a GOOD ground for teh negative and to check that the TPS voltages are roughly between 0.38 and 0.4 of a volt (adjustment can be done by slackening the two securing screws and adjusting in very small increments remembering to "nip" up the screws once finished)

Anything over 0.65 It will fly and it will burn fuel like a v8 Petrol 4 x 4 on a short school run!

If the TPS volts are correct or damn close

Just disconnect the Lamda When the circuit is not "seen" the ECU defaults to a non adjusting fixed base fueling map so the lamda is out of the equation and likely goosed

I had it in my head you could fudge the 1100's to run a but richer by slightly twisting the TPS to make the ECU think the throttle is wider open than it is, however with the 1150 I thought that ecu would register a too rich value via the lambda and tweak the fuelling back.

It's more likely I would say one cylinder is running overly lean possibly due to blocked injector so the ECU has upped fuelling to the other one to restore the average.

Back
Top Bottom