How do you keep you pride and joy looking good?

You must be retired?
And surely that isn’t after a quick run somewhere? (We are avoiding a second car as long as we can as me and missus have a bike, so often use bikes for a short trip of 5 - 30 miles)

No way I could have the time to clean the bike after every ride, I get it if the bike has got wet and covered in road grime, but it if it’s just had dry runs out in summer when salt isnt an issue why every ride?

Plus i will sometimes use the bike for work and get home at 7 am after a 12 hr night shift…last thing I’m doing is washing the bike. Though I do intend to adopt a policy of cold water rinsing with a hose quickly during winter until i get chance to wash it.
I’d like to think the ACF50 will be more than able to manage those situations for a few weeks at worst.
Not retired but go out early 6am do a quick 300 + get back and spend the rst of the day cleaning. Only use the bike for my pleasure so would go in my Van for any short journey as cant see the point .
Dont use it for work as again use my van . My bike is my hobby , I work all week , ride at the weekends . I have the time , the interest to do it , I also off road as well on another bike which also is as clean , its just my way.

I use CarPlan Trade Valet Hi Foam wash. Better than SDoc which I think is a waste of hard earned money. 5 litres of Trade Valet, which is pH Neutral is just £15 from Amazon (there are other sellers!). Been using it for my car for years and it's great at removing much with gentle application. I use a spray bottle attached to a pressure washer which creates a thick foam. Leave it on for a few minutes, lightly agitate and rinse off. Then a liberal application of ACF50 , left for 10 minutes before wiping excess off and job done. Bike comes up good as new. For the underside and all areas exposed to muck and stone chips, I coat in Lanogaurd each year. Liberally applied with a paint brush to all nooks and crannies then excess gently wiped off to leave a good protective film which once dried does a far better job than ACF at corrosion prevention without being as gooey as XP rust blocker.

I did this once with a sports bike lol

Me and the Mrs was going away on holiday and i didn't have a garage at the time.
no way my pride and joy was being at the side of the house while i was away.

When the wife finished work, she came home to a Honda CBR600 ornament :D

We had double doors on the back.... i pushed the dining table to one side and rolled the bike in
i did put a sheet on the floor

I have to be honest, i thought it looked amazing in the house.... seriously I'm not kidding.

to be fair the wife said it was safer there and didn't complain too much..... she's a keeper lol

Regards keeping clean....
Wash... rinse and go round with autoglym tar remover (it removes all sorts of specs)
get ride of all marks
Then use a detailing brush and some car shampoo to get in all nooks and crannies.... you may have to lean on your back!
rinse.
Then wash the whole bikes again with a sponge and shampoo.
rinse with cold water
Lean bike far left and then far right.....leave to dry for a while
run engine to hot to get rid of any water
use polish on shiny bits
clean Vinyl and Rubber with your brand of cleaner.
sorted :)

in October/November
coat with ACF50 and just rinse with cold water to get dirt off (wont come completely clean looking)

Dont forget to clean the box and panniers if not on the bike.
fell for this more than once!!
end up putting dirty boxes on a clean bike... looks ridiculous lol
then when your happy no more salt on roads.... start back at the top ;)
ACF50- good stuff

Don't use Fairy Liquid, or other household soaps,

They contain chemicals designed to break down

Grease/ wax residues, so they will strip any wax's or polishes you have on the bike,

Far better use a proper shampoo, designed for car bike purposes
I agree.

Best to use Filtered water when washing your bike, Ii use the crystals that the window cleaner's use and all the salts etc are filtered out. I use PH neutral snow foam then blow dry then ACF 50 the bike and I have done this with all my bikes especially the Harley's and now the GSA, Triumph Bobber and Triumph Scrambler never had an issue and the bIkes look fantastic afterwards.
Granted I never go off road but I do ride all year round and in all weathers on one or the other.

I apply the ACF with a small compressor and an air gun so it mists all over the bike. Obviously excluding the brakes and tyres.
I also have a 50ml bottle with a blunt hypodermic syringe top. I use it dot the oil. ACF tends to then creep all over- especially where there is any corrosion. That way it only goes where I want it to go.

This works for me
314307aa63156d1bd142ca9136329215.jpg

Back
Top Bottom