Overland Yorkshire To Mongolia....... On A Quad

You'll need to contact David Berhoff at Stantours, based in Almaty, who can supply letters of invitation (LOI).

http://www.stantours.com/

And Travcour (London) to coordinate your visa applications.

http://www.travcour.com/g_page.php?pageid=511&Pagetitle=Contact+Us

I've just rolled one so hold on....right.

Russia:mad:
You can only apply for the visa from your country of residance.

You need a double entry business visa which is only valid for 3 months.
For that you first supply a business proposal lie... er I mean letter, then you get your LOI, then you may get a visa. It's extremely difficult and unlikely to be granted one for any longer.

Now comes the crunch, so take a swig of your Glayva....there is a time restriction on your visa from it's date of issue which you'll have to check, but it won't allow you the time you intend in Europe before it expires:blast

Have fun:aidan

BTW Russia is easy compared to some of the the other 'Stans':comfort

You are a star Tim thankyou for the contacts ...........just spoke to Travcour..........very very helpful.....all I have to do is sit in Poland or maybe the Ukraine, send off the passport , applications etc and they will do everything back here then courier everything back to me so that I can travel onto Russia, Kaz, and Mongolia..they don't see much of a problem.....they are going to confirm everything after the weekend, so thats great.......

....... all I have to do now is find someone else who fancies some travelling with a Glaya swigging, Golden Virginia smoking, mad fat eccentric old Scarecrow.........can I take it you would be better employed back here in the UK to sort out all my problems en route......the font of all knowledge, travel..!!!......Thanks again Tim

Back to the Glaya to celebrate.........

I'm certainly not a font of knowledge:eek

It's illegal for you to be in Poland without possesion of your passport, you'd do better to have two....

Travcour are very helpful, also email Stantours with your proposal

.....if it's not a wind up:D

I'm certainly not a font of knowledge:eek

It's illegal for you to be in Poland without possesion of your passport, you'd do better to have two....

Travcour are very helpful, also email Stantours with your proposal

.....if it's not a wind up:D

Ok now I am going to ask the bl**dy obvious.......how the hell do I get another passport???........or is that a stupid question.:toungincheek

we did it all with one passport, business visas can be made available for longer it just costs money.

extra passport is easy enough but I think there's rule changes and they'll want to interview you now to ask why you need one. It's time and money... you can make vias applications from the embassy in the various shitholes you'll find yourself in but the cost will also go up and down. be prepared to get frucked about by greasy looking shifties looking to boost their incomes.

Also having spare docs is very handy when it comes to crossing borders etc. we had three folders one to show and one spare and one stashed.

Is a Quad considered proper transport in some of these places? anything for these johnny foreigners to pull you and get money is fair game. Plus you may need a carnet de pasage get it from the RAC.

We went directly into russia so there was no need but further south is more hassle.

if you get stopped playing stupid, mental or mental and stupid can be the best option, have you had all the injections yet...the list is as long as you arm and it takes about 3-4 months to have them all in your system.

tick borne is rough as is rabies.

you should also have all your teeth checked and done before you go.

get on to eating lots of garlic it's supposed to help fight infection also means you'll smell worse than the locals and fit in better.

what's your plan B if it goes tits up....

"I SOS medical" are good they are all over but don't advertise....:augie

hope that helps....

we did it all with one passport, business visas can be made available for long it just costs money.

extra passport is easy enough but i think there's rule changes and they'll want to interview you. It's time and money... you can make vias applications from the embassy in the various shitholes you'll find yourself in but the cost will also go up and down. be prepared to get frucked about by greasy looking shifties.

Also having spare docs is very handy when it comes to crossing borders etc.

Is a Quad considered proper transport in some of these places? anything for these johnny foreigners to pull you and get money is fair game.

playing stupid, mental or mental and stupid can be the best option, have you had all the injections yet...

these normally take ages to get into your system, tick borne is rough as is rabies.

what's your plan B

"I SOS medical" are good they are all over but don't advertise....:augie

Hi Lo,

So far when I have checked the Quad should be OK.

Me, I have being playing stupid, mental and deranged for many years so that should not be a problem either........

Started the innoculations yesterday........should be safe against a rabid dog now.........and there are quite a few up in this part of the world.......thats the two legged variety that I am refering to!!!:eek:onyack

This second passport thing intrigues me......waht do I have to do???

Scarecrow57

all you do is phone your local issuing office get the form fill it in they'll ask a load of stupid questions, why do you want one etc. are you a drug dealer?

answer no to most question say it for this project pay a load of money and bob's your fanny they'll send it out.

I never bothered on our trip it's more shit to loose, but it means you need to stop put the quad some place safe make your way to the embassy who may not be interested in seeing you to get the support you need from them to move on. once your away from this cold wet rock that's stuck in the north see everyhting is possible.

it just costs money, is agg and takes time.

workout the route and workout if you need a carnet that's more of an issue,
in my opinion these take a while to arrange and cost a bloody fortune.

all you do is phone your local issuing office get the form fill it in they'll ask a load of stupid questions, why do you want one etc. are you a drug dealer?

answer no to most question say it for this project pay a load of money and bob's your fanny they'll send it out.

I never bothered on our trip it's more shit to loose, but it means you need to stop put the quad some place safe make your way to the embassy who may not be interested in seeing you to get the support you need from them to move on. once your away from this cold wet rock that's stuck in the north see everyhting is possible.

This is route a couple of lads from Harrogate did recently,

Dover
Calais
Frankfurt
Nurnburgring
Klenova (Czeck republic)
Prague
Brno
Krakow (Poland)
Lviv (Ukraine)
Kiev
Kharkov
Lughansk
Volgograd (Russia)
Astrakahn
Atyaru (Kazhakstan)
Aktobe
Khromatu
Kostanay
Astana
Semipalatinsk
Rubtsovsk (Russia)
Barnaul
Tassangur
Olly (Mongolia)
Maybe take the Gobi desert route. The roads are best (if I am on my own) here but more Northern is even more mountainous and therefore even more beautiful.
(K)Hovd
Altay
Bayanhongur
Arvayheer
Ulaan Baator

So would someone like to tell me if I need a bl**dy carnet 'cause I spent 74 and a half minutes on the phone to the RAC today before the Glayva and the lack of pre-rolled up fags got to me.....

don't phone'em email the bloke who does the carnets he'll sort it all out I've got his email some place

the only places you have trouble is the KZ border they're all wnakers and the border going into UKraine that that point is very busy... I'd cross higher up but avoid belarus cos the road is also a bottle neck

Just spoke to the passport office and there is no way they will let me have another passport, unless I am travelling on business.....they put me onto the foriegn office(was really impressed that they were open at this time of night) anyway they could not help at all....they only answer was to go to Poland play dumb and stupid (I can do that ok) and see if they will let me have the relevant visa for Russia,Kaz and Mongolia.........but if they don't I will paddling sh*t creek with no bl**dy paddle:mad::mad::mad:......any more ideas guys....Jesus I can not be the only person trying to get to Russia..slowly......

This bottle of Glayva is nearly empty now:beer:

well if your business is writing and travel writing then they have to give you a passport won't they.

I mean how simple is that again...

Personally I would not bother with the second passport option it's a waste of time, pay the extra money for the business visa which lasts 12 months...

actually hang on if your doing europe then why bother do the south no visa's needed the do the north no visa's needed the come home throw your pants in the washing machine and while that's going on get the visa's you need.

ours took 5 days to sort for russia, 2 days for mongolia but they all submitted at the same time plus we could have KZ visa's in an additional 3 days 14 days all in.

Sweet.

hang on if these bloke from Harrogate did that route I bet you a million bucks they went on the Mongol Rally. If they did all you need to do is call Tom Morgan I think he owes me a favour and get him to sort it cos he gets a bung from every visa they clear. If your out and about that way you could probably tag along with us as we're aiming to leave late june. However I need to earn a bit more money yet.

well if your business is writing and travel writing then they have to give you a passport won't they.

I mean how simple is that again...

Personally I would not bother with the second passport option it's a waste of time, pay the extra money for the business visa which lasts 12 months...

actually hang on if your doing europe then why bother do the south no visa's needed the do the north no visa's needed the come home throw your pants in the washing machine and while that's going on get the visa's you need.

ours took 5 days to sort for russia, 2 days for mongolia but they all submitted at the same time plus we could have KZ visa's in an additional 3 days 14 days all in.

Sweet.

hang on if these bloke from Harrogate did that route I bet you a million bucks they went on the Mongol Rally. If they did all you need to do is call Tom Morgan I think he owes me a favour and get him to sort it cos he gets a bung from every visa they clear. If your out and about that way you could probably tag along with us as we're aiming to leave late june. However I need to earn a bit more money yet.

Yes your right they did the Mongol Rally they got back about 3 weeks ago......

......and Tom Morgan is???

.....I would be delighted and honoured to meet up..you doing the rally then?

I won't touch the MR with John Holmes cock.

The mongol rally and I go way back about 04 fom memory, to say the holes may have scabbed but the memory still remains, it cost me 40K to develop the treatment for that as a TV show, I made 6 research trips to different places. Did all the Leg work and figured out a few rather tricky bits and Mr. Tom as he likes to be know aka the bloke in charge is a very naughty boy for taking my treatment and punting it off the to highest bidder.

but that's another story...

So there you have it if it's the Mongol Rally then your sorted all you need to do is pay them and they'll take your money no doubt about it and they'll process you like cat food. Do europe, perhaps north africa with Fanum off this site write that up, before you head east with all Mongol Rally documents it's as simple as that.

After all charity begins at home....:augie

We're going but for a different purpose, and I won't be stopping to help some children who are way out of their depth in a shitty little car this time around either.

I cut this together for them from a load of crap I was given re-mastered the sound and spent ages getting a deal lined up with C4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56wcKJMnYWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXxC7BB18TI

only answer was to go to Poland play dumb and stupid (I can do that ok) and see if they will let me have the relevant visa for Russia,

This bottle of Glayva is nearly empty now:beer:

Best get another bottle:ChrisKelly

Carole...I know zilch about anything further east than Poland, which is as far as I've got on a bike, but if you need any rough-off-road time with a bit of backup and moral support just for the practice and experience, gimme a shout....
Morocco isn't anywhere as big as Mongolia but there are places we can take you that won't be dissimilar in the way you may have to approach things vis-a-vis repairs, locals, hard slog terrain etc.

PS well done, you've got people on the hook....now just keep it coming :thumb

(and subscribe.........I'm sure there's a lot more info that may come your way once you have access to PM's :) )

Bill

Bill glad you wandered over this lady should go to north africa first, you'd agree with that?

anyway I'm off had enough pain for one week...

would like to say jobs a carrott but I won't....:augie

Morocco isn't anywhere as big as Mongolia but there are places we can take you that won't be dissimilar in the way you may have to approach things vis-a-vis repairs, locals, hard slog terrain etc.

(and subscribe.........I'm sure there's a lot more info that may come your way once you have access to PM's :) )

Bill

What a salesman, doesn't miss a trick:D:D

But he's right you should subscribe to this forum if it's information you're after:thumb

Bill glad you wandered over this lady should go to north africa first, you'd agree with that?

anyway I'm off had enough pain for one week...

would like to say jobs a carrott but I won't....:augie

Have just emailed her saying exactly the same thing :thumb2

I think I called it a turnip though..seemed more fitting somehow ;)

What a salesman, doesn't miss a trick:D:D

Hey....why do you think I get first goes in the executive shower suite on the yacht while BHT's away while the rest of you not-so switched-on mods have to settle for standing under the bilge pump outlets? :D

Have just emailed her saying exactly the same thing :thumb2

I think I called it a turnip though..seemed more fitting somehow ;)

Hey....why do you think I get first goes in the executive shower suite on the yacht while BHT's away while the rest of you not-so switched-on mods have to settle for standing under the bilge pump outlets? :D

Ok guys you got me I.M in for the bucks.......hey anyway I've a good 12 quids worth of info today anyway........shy*t just realized I ain't slurrrrrring the words anymore.......it must the talk of spending some dosh......or could be that the bottles empty and its another new day........talking of new day look out your window guys its a bl**dy fantastic full moon....

Anyway that's as maybe.........who,where,when and how do I pay my spondolers:aidan

Back
Top Bottom