I pimped my ride

Pathologic

Reaction score
Hi All,

For those who remember me and the missus (PhysioJo), I thought I would post a couple of pictures of the new bike.

After 4 years I have ditched the 2009 R1200GS SE after 64k in 4 years. Not without a tear in the eye. I picked up a 2012 R1200GS Rallye in September From Cooper's Tunbridge Wells, with a top box but no panniers :nenau I have only done a couple of thousand miles on it but it is brilliant. Very smooth, very responsive and very loud :)

I sorted the panniers out at the NEC Motorcycle Live show and put down my deposit with Bernie at Stahlkoffer . The panniers arrived last Saturday and were a doddle to fit (no instructions necessary). The great thing about Bernie and his crew is they can do you the panniers pretty much in whatever colour you want. So I went a bit mental.

The frame colour is Magma red as per BMW spec, but it looks a wee bit brighter than the paint on the bike. It might settle down. Even so I think they look better than black or silver would. Cognitive dissonance is a wonderful thing. By the way, Bernie has some of the powder coating left, should anyone be interested in a similar set up (I am not on commission BTW).

I am enjoying the fact this bike has more presence than the old one. People move out of the way on the motorway and come over to have a look when its parked. Overall I am very please.

I look forward to reading your attempts to wipe the smile off my face. Enjoy:bounce1:friday:beerjug:

Regards,

Path.

Attachments

• DSC02695.jpg
    DSC02695.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC02701.jpg
    DSC02701.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC02700.jpg
    DSC02700.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
That looks good.:thumb Some people have also had their engine bars powdercoated red on their Rallye's.:drool

Some people have also had their engine bars powdercoated red on their Rallye's [sic].:drool

Including my Irish buddy Jack, in San Jose. Personally, I think it looks bloody awful but each to their own..... :augie

Attachments

• 205831_10151176306585027_1271563943_n.jpg
    205831_10151176306585027_1271563943_n.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 332
Wapping still remember you and I won't let him forget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gs rider.

Hi All,

For those who remember me and the missus (PhysioJo), I thought I would post a couple of pictures of the new bike.

After 4 years I have ditched the 2009 R1200GS SE after 64k in 4 years. Not without a tear in the eye. I picked up a 2012 R1200GS Rallye in September From Cooper's Tunbridge Wells, with a top box but no panniers :nenau I have only done a couple of thousand miles on it but it is brilliant. Very smooth, very responsive and very loud :)

I sorted the panniers out at the NEC Motorcycle Live show and put down my deposit with Bernie at Stahlkoffer . The panniers arrived last Saturday and were a doddle to fit (no instructions necessary). The great thing about Bernie and his crew is they can do you the panniers pretty much in whatever colour you want. So I went a bit mental.

The frame colour is Magma red as per BMW spec, but it looks a wee bit brighter than the paint on the bike. It might settle down. Even so I think they look better than black or silver would. Cognitive dissonance is a wonderful thing. By the way, Bernie has some of the powder coating left, should anyone be interested in a similar set up (I am not on commission BTW).

I am enjoying the fact this bike has more presence than the old one. People move out of the way on the motorway and come over to have a look when its parked. Overall I am very please.

I look forward to reading your attempts to wipe the smile off my face. Enjoy:bounce1:friday:beerjug:

Regards,

Path.

Hi Path and Jo, hope your both well, I sold my silver Gs ad last week so no bike now, and yeah miss our meets in Enfield Toby, Like the new bike, but you wont get the land lady on the back of that one I'm sure ha ha ha , ride safe, Bill.

I'd be asking them why they'd done them in a different colour........Somebody's fucked up the mixing there!

(I think it'd look ok ish if they were the same, but being two shades lighter, it stands out like a cock in a nunnery)

I'd be asking them why they'd done them in a different colour........Somebody's fucked up the mixing there!

(I think it'd look ok ish if they were the same, but being two shades lighter, it stands out like a cock in a nunnery)

Beat me to it, mind you red requires lots of coats (poor hider) so it may be lack of paint.

Back
Top Bottom