Do I need a Denali Power Hub?

NomadLad

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Allow me to start with stating the fact that I am electrically challenged... never really got electrics and find them pretty intimidating so have always steered clear.

But now the time has come where I want to add a few electrical accessories to my '16 R1200GS TE and I don't like the idea of having a rats nest around my battery.

The bike has a 12v socket as standard equipment... is there any way to expand from that without going near wiring? I don't think so.

So I've been looking at whats available for the most straight-forward and tidy install and management of accessories.

The most popular option seems to be the Denali Power Hub 2.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I think the most challenging part of the install is having to tap into a switched circuit somewhere on the bike which sounds pretty nerve wracking to me having never done that stuff before.

The equipment I would like to fit is:
-Auxillary lights
-Possibly socket for some heated gear in the future (rider and pillion)
-Maybe a heated seat for the missus

I appreciate any advice,

Cheers :thumby:

Hex doesn't have the Denali connectors and more flexible with the lights, software is better IMO, it's badged differently and has different functions

That is what I was saying Andy, Hex is for the hardcore and Denali for the noobs like me, but it is made by Hex.

The Hex EZ-Can looks good but the only thing I don't like about that is the way there is only 4 configurations, and they are pre-determined.

For example, With the exception of lights and horns etc, It seems there's only the opportunity to have one accessory (phone, GPS, heated gear) powered at once.

I think I might have to throw myself in the deep end and get a Fuzeblock in order to get the functionality I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom