1st service cost

Then complain to the fecking dealership. It really is fecking simple, you chimp.

Apply a bit of the balls up front F U Jack, your site name implies.

My Alfa Romeo / Fiat Service story applies here.

Got quote £495 for second service on phone. So I thanked the guy and asked to speak with his manager.

Manager answers the phone and confirms the price. I then ask him to explain the quote line by line...

1) Oil
2) Oil Filter
3) Oil Washer
4) Air filter
5) Spark Plugs
6) Remove Engine Head and Check Valve Clearance...

I said 'Stop right there'... you do know this car is 1 years old and done 6000 miles. So you can take that off the list straight away.

Ok Sir, we'll just do an oil change & sparks, £250.

Nope, try again. Just an oil & filter change... £119.

Ok cheers.

So I did it myself for £38.00 Service indicator self-reset. Job done.

Robbing bastards. Some people must have more money than sense to just hand over THEIR PROPERTY to these criminals.

I self serviced that car from new for 7 years of ownership and it ran well all its time with me. Cheap as chips. Got a good price on sale as well.

I hear you but for the sake of £160 id rather have the stamp in the book if the engine ever lets go, and in the very unlikely event that I keep the bike long enough to extend the warranty they simply wont, had this on a just under 2 year old GS I bought 2nd hand because it didnt have its first annual service they would not extend it !!

Penny wise pound foolish comes to mind, Ill pay up look big and rest assured that there wont be any issues down the line

Rob

I hear you but for the sake of £160 id rather have the stamp in the book if the engine ever lets go, and in the very unlikely event that I keep the bike long enough to extend the warranty they simply wont, had this on a just under 2 year old GS I bought 2nd hand because it didnt have its first annual service they would not extend it !!

Penny wise pound foolish comes to mind, Ill pay up look big and rest assured that there wont be any issues down the line

Rob

I wouldn't consider any other option (dealer service) to endorse the warranty for the two years.

Al

Those big fancy dealerships cost a lot to run, it's just a shame the mechanics don't see much of it.

600 mile service today for the princely sum of £182, on a GSA TB.
Inflation on the 2017 prices in this thread I guess....?

600 mile service at Allan Jeffries yesterday still £100, I was expecting a freebie, but told unless I negotiated free first service when I signed on the dotted I would have to pay. They did say that the price should be £180, but AJs charge £100.

On the 1st August 2018 I paid Bahnstormer £83.64 for my 600 mile service on a 2018 Rallye - bought back end of June.

Bahnstormer do not charge Labour on the 1st Service, just materials

Oil £51.56
FD Oil £3.27
Filter £13.46
Gasket Ring .41p
Joint Ring £1.0
VAT £13.94

Total £83.64

I feel this is a fair deal - especially if you look at the overall deal I got on the bike......

Coopers charged £80 last Saturday for the 600 mile service on my GSA. You only pay the parts and labour is free.

So we can summarise....

- some bikermates negotaite a free 600 mile service.
- some dealers only charge for materials at around £85 per service
- some dealers whack you the full £170 parts and labour

I would suggest that just before you sign on the dotted line - discuss this and factor it into the deal....or at the very least be aware..

or come to mine and i will do it for £70 inc materials

I will even stamp your book with my "john bull kit"

Attachments

• johnbull.jpeg
    johnbull.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 161

Back
Top Bottom