Terrible news
Jeez, I only heard of this accident last night. Nigel Davies (Ferret) was a work mate of mine for the last 20 years. I had many a conversation with him about his choice of motorcycles, he had tried a few styles and recently purchased the Triumph 1050 Tiger, selling a GSXR as it was too dangerous.
I wouldn't of said he was a fast or aggressive rider, so I guess wrong place, wrong time..... but who knows!
My thoughts are with his family. RIP Ferret.![]()
Jeez, I only heard of this accident last night. Nigel Davies (Ferret) was a work mate of mine for the last 20 years. I had many a conversation with him about his choice of motorcycles, he had tried a few styles and recently purchased the Triumph 1050 Tiger, selling a GSXR as it was too dangerous.
I wouldn't of said he was a fast or aggressive rider, so I guess wrong place, wrong time..... but who knows!
My thoughts are with his family. RIP Ferret.![]()
Two less to get in my way next time I'm out there.
What words can describe someone that would put something like this about an accident that took the lives of a 2 family men whose kids won't have dads coming home whose wife has to see her husband in a fucking box. Tarka your a fucking prick an absolute vile little troll of a man Christ almighty I hope somebody kicks the shit out of you you sad sad sad little twat
I can understand your comment in the light of what's happened to some totally innocent people who were more than likely riding sensibly and legally.....and as has been said were seemingly and tragically in the wrong place at the wrong time.
To those who knew them I offer genuine condolences and apologies for any effects from my comment.
My comments were prior to this knowledge and totally generated by hearing the unsurprising news of yet another motorbike related smash over a weekend.
The almost every seventh day scenario whereby roads which are peaceful and scenic,and a pleasure to ride or even drive on,become scenes of carnage,destruction and death with such monotonous regularity that many riders end up avoiding them or even staying home at weekends because of it.
Look at Flipfly's comments...he's not alone in feeling embarrassed or even almost ashamed to share the same form of transport as those fuckwits thinking they are racetrack gods endangering other road users at ridiculous speeds and performing totally reckless manoeuvres on frequently barely legal (or blatantly illegal) machines.
Yet put a few decent twisties in the road and if they haven't piledriven themselves into a wall they'll be wobbling and slowing other folk down until a flat out straight appears again.
My comment was directly aimed at those fuckers who genuinely are spoiling everything for everyone.
The loss of those kind of riders is not motorcycling's loss.
However,as we've seen,and as you've corrected me,sometimes innocent folk get taken out.
That is a loss
And sad.
Once more,apologies for the annoyance and anger and condolences to those suffering a loss.
Had a pleasant bimble through there today....whacking big skid marks from a HGV ( ? ) at exactly the same spot !!! It will all soon be a 40 limit no doubt :-(