yellow version works perfectly well on bikes up to 2012is this a red device ? - why not update it - that's many years old https://www.hexgs911.com/news/
SOFTWARE UPDATE DETAILS:
- GS-911 Diagnostics v2608.1
- GS-911WiFi Firmware v320 : Datapack v306
yellow version works perfectly well on bikes up to 2012is this a red device ? - why not update it - that's many years old https://www.hexgs911.com/news/
SOFTWARE UPDATE DETAILS:
- GS-911 Diagnostics v2608.1
- GS-911WiFi Firmware v320 : Datapack v306
not so clever if you need to swap over the zfeyellow version works perfectly well on bikes up to 2012
You forget that you are responding to a BOT aka BUTTASS!!yellow version works perfectly well on bikes up to 2012
Clever enough to be a smart ass like you!!not so clever if you need to swap over the zfe
No, it's a blue and yellow (or orange, depending on yr interpretation) one for a limited number of users/bikes and wired not bluetooth. But you're right - I've had it for quite a while unused just in case.. I think they call it a heritage or legacy model now and possibly not supported. It was expensive then and probably just as unaffordably expensive to replace it now I'm retired. It's all I've got so I'll put up with it. I bought it when times were good incase I needed it but the old bus has been pretty reliable and the unit has sat in my toolbox until this "opportunity" arose... After this episode I might part with the bike once it's sorted so an upgrade to a newer 911 is unlikely.is this a red device ? - why not update it - that's many years old https://www.hexgs911.com/news/
SOFTWARE UPDATE DETAILS:
- GS-911 Diagnostics v2608.1
- GS-911WiFi Firmware v320 : Datapack v306
As I haven't got to the bottom of it, I don't know...... More likely to be the BMS as that controls the engine and holds the EWS code. As I understand it the ZFE controls the ancillaries, lights and stuff. It's not my field of expertise but I'm learning so stand to be corrected.EWS errors you had can't cut the bike out
wires or dying ZFE ?
Just put BUTASS on Ignore and your life will be MUCH simplerAs I haven't got to the bottom of it, I don't know...... More likely to be the BMS as that controls the engine and holds the EWS code. As I understand it the ZFE controls the ancillaries, lights and stuff. It's not my field of expertise but I'm learning so stand to be corrected.
Come across KISS before. Suits me!Just put BUTASS on Ignore and your life will be MUCH simpler
You are doing the right things! Just follow the diagnostic path and eliminate failure points one by one
We have an expression in my new job K I S S !! "Keep it stupid simple" break it down from a to z and eliminate fail points
One important thing If I recall from my induction to 1200 Hexheads! The Immobiliser is just at key on and at each subsequent key on once it has sent and received its ID stream for authorisation
I can't quite figure how it could lose power but not emit the pulse to reflect off the RFID chip in the key for the handshake to complete
Unless it is actually doing that just flashing EWS on and then back to normal ??

Yes and tried both...Yes do yu have a spare key and tried that to see if you get the same symptom?
the fact you can recreate it by wiggling wires in the loom / headstock just shouts wiring over and over
Just put BUTASS on Ignore and your life will be MUCH simpler
You are doing the right things! Just follow the diagnostic path and eliminate failure points one by one
We have an expression in my new job K I S S !! "Keep it stupid simple" break it down from a to z and eliminate fail points
One important thing If I recall from my induction to 1200 Hexheads! The Immobiliser is just at key on and at each subsequent key on once it has sent and received its ID stream for authorisation
I can't quite figure how it could lose power but not emit the pulse to reflect off the RFID chip in the key for the handshake to complete
Unless it is actually doing that just flashing EWS on and then back to normal ??
So in your own words .... @Fluffy BridgesActually DrF, that's a good point you raise. Having experienced what's happening, it's a complete system failure that cuts back in but possibly before the key chip has been recognized then flags up the EWS report. I also believe in Fairies but never had photographic evidence to prove it.
Anyway, I will "endeavor to persevere" as an old Indian said......