anyone done this ?

Eye of the beholder an all but looks shit .
 
Looks uneven or something like that. Unnecessary. There’s no point in revving on the stand. It will sound different under load. JJH
 
My personal preference is the looks of the original (non achropovic) silencer….but I know beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder or something like that.

I wouldn't want my r1300gs to be any louder than standard as I know noisy exhausts upset lots of people, and I’d prefer to ride stealthily …. Had loud pipes in the past but now I think I’ve grown up a bit and just find them annoying. ( old fart here)

Each to their own, and if you want loud pipes, go for it, but don’t be surprised when you get a pull from the police…. And if in Germany or Switzerland, expect a large fine!…..and noise cameras are coming to the UK!
 
  • Like
Reactions: SBD
My personal preference is the looks of the original (non achropovic) silencer….but I know beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder or something like that.

I wouldn't want my r1300gs to be any louder than standard as I know noisy exhausts upset lots of people, and I’d prefer to ride stealthily …. Had loud pipes in the past but now I think I’ve grown up a bit and just find them annoying. ( old fart here)

Each to their own, and if you want loud pipes, go for it, but don’t be surprised when you get a pull from the police…. And if in Germany or Switzerland, expect a large fine!…..and noise cameras are coming to the UK!
From the video, its a marginal increase in volume. I had a Remus 8 on my GSA. I loved the sound of that. And was nowhere near any illegal margins. I bought the Akro Exhaust knowing full well it wasn't any better sound, It wasn't lighter, or any gain in HP or performance. I bought it because I think its a better looking exhaust. I just want the Exhaust note to be louder than the engine rattle :LOL:
 
I took the baffle out - was a pain in the ass! Didn't really notice much difference in noise as most noise is muffled by the cat so the effort isn't worth it. I have have a de-cat now and is very loud, particularly on cold start! Goes well though :)
 
I took the baffle out - was a pain in the ass! Didn't really notice much difference in noise as most noise is muffled by the cat so the effort isn't worth it. I have have a de-cat now and is very loud, particularly on cold start! Goes well though :)
Thank you for that. Exactly what I was after. Ill now put my Dremel Away :ROFLMAO:
 
Had to get a die grinder on it then chiseled out - it honestly isn't worth the effort - I made more noise than the exhaust!! Think it would have made a difference if left in when I put on decat, but will never know now! Got stage 2 DNA air filters in too - still young at heart until next year if they try to bring in the new exhaust / noise / performance rules!
 
Last edited:


Back
Top Bottom