APRIL 22ND BREAKFAST AND RIDE...

Hi, for me yes, to be honest I would not feel comfortable leading others off road.

I’m v happy to let someone else who’s more suitable lead the ride though.

I was planning a road country lane type thing but happy to go with the flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good move. I’m an antisocial terwat at the best of times;)

:jes

It isn't West and it isn't East, so the only other option was Peak.... hopefully some of the other antisocial lot will venture over!

Guys, I had a phone call yesterday from British Rowing, they want us as safety cover for their regatta on Saturday at Holme Pierrepoint. As a fledgling firm we can't turn them away - sorry. Mark has kindly stood in for me and I see he has already introduced himself.
Have a good day and the breakfast should make you want to come back again.
I am really sorry, but a chance like this doesn't come up very often and it could lead to bigger event coverage for us.

Hi, for me yes, to be honest I would not feel comfortable leading others off road.

I’m v happy to let someone else who’s more suitable lead the ride though.

I was planning a road country lane type thing but happy to go with the flow

That was my plan originally too. Some small, nadgery back lanes with grass up the middle but firm footing and tarmac underneath, because many who come on these breakfasts are on road bikes - airhead R100s, RTs that kind of thing. If Wapping turns up he is on a K1600, so consideration needs to be given. Pure off roaders will still enjoy - Tufty, MickDB261 etc, this is their stomping ground and the 'road less travelled' in the little backwaters are quieter than the enduro tracks anyway!

Hi All

I’m at work now until Fri night so sporadic access to the web.

I’ve put together a route ending at the second cafe mentioned near Rocester.

Forgive screen shot, but this will be the general standard of road / lane.

It’s 35 miles so say a 45 min amble.

Decent surfaces and a ford crossing, (gentle one).

If anyone wants to head on lanes please feel free obviously. :)

e24d7c0702f32e625187cd50fdb75744.jpg

If that is too short or too long please let me know and Ill adjust to suit you.

Thanks

Mark

was really looking forward to this but unfortunately wont be able to make it, have a great day all:beerjug:

Hi all,

I'm afraid I've somewhat lost track of attendees............ all still welcome obviously.

But Ill be there at 0900.

I'm on duty now until 9pm, so possibly not available on here.

I'm sure well be able to make a plan that suits all over a cup of tea and a cob :okay

Hi all,

I'm afraid I've somewhat lost track of attendees............ all still welcome obviously.

I'm sure well be able to make a plan that suits all over a cup of tea and a cob :okay

Well done for stepping up to the plate:thumby::thumby:

Hi all,

Well done for stepping up to the plate

No worries, happy to do so.

Weather looks ok. I’ve plotted the route on my beeline so hopefully all will be well :okay

Oh and a bump :)

Cycling...

Just about to set off from Carsington for Fradley Junction so will call in en route for brekkie if you guys are still there (hoping to get there shortly after 10). Won't come on the ride after, I'd only slow you down...

Guru Gora (Mark) - thanks for organising an excellent little ride out.

Given the better than expected weather, a pity that only the 2 of us turned up but a great morning never the less with 2 coffee shops, a ford and some nice back roads :beerjug:

Indeed. Lovely weather.

Good to meet you mate. That is one nice Husky

As there were only 2 of us we felt obliged to eat 11 sausages each to placate the cafe owner

The hours ride was great as well, dry and no traffic.

Great ride to Shrewsbury via Newtown too.

Ready for Bike for Life tomorrow.

Added bonus was that headed straight to Bike For Life with the Midlands Air Ambulance crew.

By chance quite a few Doctors and Paramedics ride.

3500 bikes and about 5000 people.

A great weekend out for sure.

86454433a41dda83db0441c9a46f3f5a.jpg

Nearly made it...

I missed you by a couple of minutes - you passed me as you headed North. I stopped for a tea and a bacon cob, both of which arrived promptly and were very welcome. What looked to be home made fruit cake, bought for later consumption, turned out to be a rebadging exercise (farm shop label but actually commercially made). I'd go back for the cob and the location - but not for the cake...

Sorry we missed you.

I spoke to KR last night and the 2 cafes and route seemed to work quite well

Hopefully do same again some time. Possibly with cobs only :)

I’ll let KR take the reins again, I’d be very happy to lead that route again.

A different route next time.. did you go through 'the hole in the wall' where you go through the coach house near Mappleton? If not, there and then on to Kniveton through the back lane (quite nadgery but doable on a big bike) alongside the brook?

A date needs to be considered.

Happy to follow you then KR :)

Save me swearing at my Beeline device

Back
Top Bottom