BMW 1200 GSA (2012) - Exhaust Flap removal

Nando654321

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All

For those who still have their exhaust flap thingymigig;

Got mine removed, £30 bit from Motoworks went in instead.

- About 1kg (bag of sugar) saved in weight taking all the crap out
- Biggest advantage is the extra power / torque when accelerating (ie day to day riding, absolutely no difference, but when you need to do that quick overtake or push hard acceleration wise, there is a noticeable difference)

Just my 2 cents for anyone thinking about it

Considering the very low cost, I think it’s worth it when compared to £950 exhaust systems etc

Opinions welcome

Attachments

• IMG_5480.jpeg
    IMG_5480.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 25
I don't have much to add to your post except to say that I discarded my exhaust flap exactly the same as you did with identical results.

I also de-catted mine with a Remus front pipe and that improved the breathing considerably. It seemed strangled before the conversion.
Retained the OEM silencer and that seemed the best combination for me and I have no complaints.

I don't have much to add to your post except to say that I discarded my exhaust flap exactly the same as you did with identical results.

I also de-catted mine with a Remus front pipe and that improved the breathing considerably. It seemed strangled before the conversion.
Retained the OEM silencer and that seemed the best combination for me and I have no complaints.
Very good point Bo - mine is also decaf and I think between exhaust flap AND decat, the bikes become that much better 👍

Back
Top Bottom