Brand new Moto Guzzi v100s corrosion

Email of rejection has been sent, i was going to deliver it back first thing in the morn however i need to limit any damage that i could do, like it fall off the ramp whilst getting the bike out.
DO NOT deliver the bike back. Leave it where it is and request that they come and get it :thumby:

That's terrible. I was thinking of one of those Guzzis - but not now.
Why they aren't all as bad as that. That would be like me saying I wouldn't have a modern BMW because of all the reliability issues and cosmetic faults...............oh hang on, I'll get my coat.:D

Exactly
They have a van, let them come to pick it up
How they ever thought that would be acceptable-baffles me
I'd say it's important that you don't deliver it back, otherwise they may claim some damage in transit....as JohnnyB says, let them pick it up

Something suspicious about this one, it's like it's been disassembled and put back together badly by an apprentice at the dealers. The OP right to reject it and I'd also contact Moto Guzzi direct with photos etc.
Agreed, the radiator bolts add to that theory too. I think the Guzzi mother ship might be very unhappy to hear about your experience with this dealer.

Agreed, the radiator bolts add to that theory too. I think the Guzzi mother ship might be very unhappy to hear about your experience with this dealer.
Radiator 🤔 you know, them thingy me bobbits, are creased too.

Start of a bit more corrosion and the engine seems to be 3 different shades of silver.

800e16690479f0a15679dd6e236ab353.jpg

78fc5eb0ad4d6be7698b18a6fc5861e2.jpg

Stunning to look at from a distance.

697c4e165112f4576f19394bf4c19564.jpg

Indeed it is, but somebody has been buggering about with it, and was hoping it would've gone unnoticed, then blame stone chips etc id the new owners was to eager to trow his leg over for an hour or so.

Do header nuts, look like they have had been undone, or does it look like the silencer been removed, or rear sets have been removed, because that would give you further indication that the motor been out or is a "donor".
Does motor and frame numbers tally up with those found in the owners service booklet? It be good to make sure that both are native to the bike as it left the factory.

my thoughts , worth nothing .

only done 1 mile ? PDI should state a test ride , i used to do 6 miles . 12 if i need to ride it twice .

marks on frame , slipped windy gun ? , bolts might have been swapped around ...... on pdi , i liked to take things out and c/slip them , but i do them 1 by 1.

rr ind bolt , never seen a guzzi with that colour fixing. same on the other side ?

radiator ? hmm , stand out like a sore thumb , not good.

main c/case corrosion , not good ,reject on this. it shouldn't have left the shop.

do not ride it . cover it up , get them to collect it.

good luck .

i wouldn't have posted on social media , that may make things a little harder for you, they have a right to reply , B4 you get arsey and go public.

My theory is the dealer knew about it, handover was arranged for Friday 8th (see doc) as I don’t work Fridays and would have been in daylight hrs so I would have seen the discrepancies, instead they delivered it in darkness thinking I wouldn’t notice until several weeks/months later.
d49cf50cfbb5e9792738acb5edac2cf7.jpg

my thoughts , worth nothing .

only done 1 mile ? PDI should state a test ride , i used to do 6 miles . 12 if i need to ride it twice .

rr ind bolt , never seen a guzzi with that colour fixing. same on the other side ?

radiator ? hmm , stand out like a sore thumb , not good.

main c/case corrosion , not good ,reject on this. it shouldn't have left the shop.

i wouldn't have posted on social media , that may make things a little harder for you, they have a right to reply , B4 you get arsey and go public.

PDI - I did query the pdi because the roads had been salted and ideally I didn’t want it riding on the road but if it had to, it that was fine, they confirmed piaggio recommend only running up to temp and check everything when they cannot test ride due to weather, rds icy and gritted.

Indicator bolts are the same both sides on tbe rear, they look like they have tarnished.

Radiator bolt has now fallen out, ie there’s no nut on the back.

That's disgraceful for a new bike mate, you've got my sympathy, have you decided what you really want ? i.e. your money back or a replacement ?

Hope it gets sorted quickly for ya.

Precisely

That was my thinking also, however the photos are time and date stamped so it would have been hard for them to deny. Tbh I did think what if it slipped off the ramp or I caught it on something, so I’ve left it be until they sort it out.

That's awful and I feel for you. Worryingly, this is not the first V100 I've come across looking similar, with corrosion issues , (additionally some with poorly finished paint work which was rubbing through after very low miles) and poor PDI checks. I had a Harley once delivered in a worse state though and first ride, the left hand pegs/gearchange assembly fell off. Tank was scratched, some bolts had been cross threaded and other numerous issues. Put me off ever buying another and I returned the bike for a refund, utter pile of crap. I'd sooner buy a classic Guzzi knowing it needs a bit of work than buy a new one after seeing yet another example of a V100 with similar issues.

Back
Top Bottom