Chigee AOI lite

No issues with mine, used most days for over a month. Mines plugged into the alarm connection and sits under the pillion seat

Is that the box to the front or the one slightly behind that?
Not sure which is the alarm and which is the tyre pressure box.

Is that the box to the front or the one slightly behind that?
Not sure which is the alarm and which is the tyre pressure box.
It's the one furthest towards the back of the bike. If you don't have an alarm it's capped off and not immediately obvious. I tried the other port first and had mixed results. Chigee recommended using the alarm port which is the one shown on their instructions

It's the one furthest towards the back of the bike. If you don't have an alarm it's capped off and not immediately obvious. I tried the other port first and had mixed results. Chigee recommended using the alarm port which is the one shown on their instructions

Yes that’s one I’ve used. Seems fine one minute then nothing the next. Good to know that it’s in the right place at least.
Thanks

Mine arrived, and had an evening of farkling on the Mandello S and it's all fitted, looks good, all cables neatly tucked away as there is loads of space to do that on the Guzzi.

Only thing I would say is the GPS module is hypersensitive in it's placement. I had it mounted up front just under the screen as a test fit, looked good and discreet, but no signal, seems the Bluetooth on the Guzzi dash was causing to much interference, moved it just popping it on the seat and got a good signal, but then finding a spot to mount it was awkward, if the cable was 2ft longer I could have mounted it on the dive board at the back with a clear view of the sky and away from metal (Chigee's instructions, move it away from metal :) )

Now, it is stuck / bonded to the side of the plastic undertray near the pillion seat, even though it's mounted sideways facing, sitting on the bike I am getting "Good" or "Medium" signals.

Got to say I am impressed with it, the build quality especially and Chigee's response to questions. I like having CarPlay, I run MyRouteApp nextGen for navigation of my own routes, or sometimes TomTom Go Ride, if I just need to get from A-B, Waze, Google Maps or Apple Maps. Apple Maps has become much better after the latest updates as it now includes speed camera warnings.

No issues with mine, used most days for over a month. Mines plugged into the alarm connection and sits under the pillion seat
Hi Unfortunately my GSA doesn’t have the alarm the plug is blanked off.
Would I be right in thinking plug the Chigee into that and just put the blank on end of the remote wiring plug and play adapter.

Hi Unfortunately my GSA doesn’t have the alarm the plug is blanked off.
Would I be right in thinking plug the Chigee into that and just put the blank on end of the remote wiring plug and play adapter.
Yep, that’s what I did

After a good few days with this I’m impressed overall

However is anyone having issues with the Bluetooth bmw remote? I’m finding it’s connected ok, but sometimes it works fine, other times I get zero response from the wheel and indicator switch. Have tried moving it around, even leaving it sticking out from under the rear seat but it’s just as unpredictable.

I’ve raised it with CHIGEE and they asked for a video of it not working. Seems a bit daft, but have done that and am waiting for a reply

Chigee suspect it’s a doggy remote, so just sent a new one.
No fussing, just asked what the issue was, suggested moving it, which didn’t help, and then came back with ‘sorry then we think it must be the remote, a new one is one it’s way’.

Fitted it yesterday and it seems to be working just fine.

All in all very pleased

I'm battling between this and the Carpuride for my GS.. has anyone looked at both and concluded there was a winner?

My Chigee was waiting for me when I got back from work. Tried to update it using the USB C port for power. It doesn’t like some USB C chargers, seems to prefer the lower powered ones, I used a power bank with USB A to USB C connection after trying two fast USB C chargers. Updated ok and will be fitted tomorrow.

Fitted the Chigee yesterday along with the indicator modules so it took a good few hours. I initially thought I would use a cambus plug and take the power from the Satnav cambus connection but I read somewhere that the Chigee needs a bit more power because of the cameras. I decided to go with Smudger64's method as described above. All seems to work perfectly and I am very impressed with the system. I just need to alter the position of the front camera slightly. Connected my iPhone to the Chigee for CarPlay and then my iPhone to my Sena 50R, getting really clear sound with satnav, music and phone calls. I have tried Google Maps, Waze and MRA but have yet to go out and follow a route in MRA. All in all a good result, the Chigee feels like a quality item, packaging etc is top notch, a bit like Apple, everything you need is included in the box. hopefully longevity will be ok.

Had a good chance to test it now, in some horrible wet weather. The Chigee performed flawlessly if only I could say the same about the switchgear on the GS 😩. Rode from East Yorkshire to Donegal and did the Northumberland 250 on the way, standing water everywhere with torrential rain. There were no phantom screen presses due to water on the Chigee screen and the cameras gave a great video. I used MRA to follow a GPX file but found I much preferred Apple Maps for general nav and traffic info etc. it worked exactly as described with no trouble in appalling conditions, just like the CarPlay in the car does. Phone calls and WhatsApp’s no problems, Siri worked perfectly through the Sena 50R so I could do most things via speech. Very please with the Chigee overall.

Hi all,
Just received my Chigee kit, fitted the unit and all works fine. Got the rear camera and wonder wheel plug to fit tomorrow but wanted to ask where you guys have fitted your front and rear cameras. I've seen them fitted under the beak and rear rack but neither are options on my 1200 GSA. The front camera is blocked by the angle of the beak if I mount it flush, I don't want to drill anything into the beak so the only option seems to be to mount it on top of the beak at the very front... It will work but won't look great. I also wanted to fit the rear camera under the rear rack but there isn't enough clearance between the rack and the light...

Annoyingly, the mounts are not quite GoPro mounts, so I downloaded FreeCAD, figured out how to use it enough to design a mount and got a mate to 3D print it in PETG. Unfortunately I don’t have the file anymore to print any more.

Just need to find a shorter bolt to tidy it up a bit.

The rear is mounted underneath the Givi plate on my GS (not GSA).

be716d0f8bc526f98fac12429da022c1.jpg

I got another beak extension from eblag so I still hade the original if I needed it. Then I just stuck the rear one on. if I need to remove it ever, I'll just restick it.

IMG_0183.jpeg
IMG_0254.jpeg

BTW your camera is on its side, need to turn so the arrows are on the top.

All sorted, bought a cheap front beak extender and modified it so the camera sits under it just poking through. Needs a slight modification to get a fully clear image but works well. Only thing is the perspective is the opposite of what it's actually seeing!! (and yes I know the beak is scratched - it was cheap)!

ll.. IMG_1310.jpegIMG_1309.jpeg

All this GS Chigee'ness, I'll rock the boat :) Here is mine on my Mandello S. I may adjust the rear camera as I've ordered a new rear plastic cover for the rear mudguard (The louvered bit) and as it was only a tenner I'll look to try to recess it. I don't want it to interfere with the blind spot detection though as that is proving itself to be particularly useful for me, being monocular.

PS, the Rear camera is on straight :) It's just the angle of the photo.

Attachments

• 20240404_173548406_iOS.jpg
    20240404_173548406_iOS.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240404_173558982_iOS.jpg
    20240404_173558982_iOS.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240404_173604332_iOS.jpg
    20240404_173604332_iOS.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240404_173622128_iOS.jpg
    20240404_173622128_iOS.jpg