De-pinning connectors

B-Maniak

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have done that already. So this is for the others :aidan

Sometimes you would like to change the bio-degradable sleeves of the harness coming from the handlebar switchgear.

The best way is to go threw a total de-pinning of the connectors. Here is how I did it, with no other special tool than a straw, some scissors and sometimes a long nose pliers.
This time I was more successful with pink straws. Last year, on another bike, I had more chance with black ones :nenau

I found it easier to do with the connectors disassembled. If you look close to them you'll see what I mean, one side is clipped to the other.

First cut the straw on 1/2 i

Then wrap it around the pin while trying to push it as far as you can.

It should go inside around 7mm

Push again and again and while keeping your finger pushing on it, pull on the wire on the other side. Sometimes it could help to pull on the wire with a long nose plier while turning the blade connector a little. Be sure to hold the blade connector with the pliers before pulling if you don't want to pull the wire off it's blade connector.

And around 1 hour after, job's done

You can now take the old sleeves off and put new ones on.

Next time arrived. BMW tool is so expensive ~70€ + shipping I tried to find one where they are making stuff for the whole world. At a much better price: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...st_main.4.42625e5bvlX1zh&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra
Take the number 78, it's the exact tool you'll need.

Don't try to do this, using the tool directly on the connector:
1710884120281.jpeg

First you have to dismantle the connector:
1710884215527.jpeg

After you can use the tool, wires will come out easily and you will finally get that:

1710884320745.jpeg

After go buy some good quality plastic sleeve and put everything back together.

Useful info, thanks. I no longer have an excuse for putting off dealing with the 'naked' wiring on my RH switchgear! Never ordered from Aliexpress before - to be honest I never really trusted it - but worth a punt at that price particularly as it worked for you.

Useful info, thanks. I no longer have an excuse for putting off dealing with the 'naked' wiring on my RH switchgear! Never ordered from Aliexpress before - to be honest I never really trusted it - but worth a punt at that price particularly as it worked for you.
Any decent car spares shop will have various wiring harness sleeving in stock of varying diameter, and cut to any length you need

I like the one I found here https://www.apsoparts.com/en-INT/ because they are not deep glossy black and they return to their original shape and colour after having been slightly enlarged by the passage of all the terminals, especially on the right hand side.

1710965123524.png

With a 19mm ID sheath, to avoid tearing it, do not try to pass all the wires through at once. Specially on LH side, RH is OK. It's easier to stagger them and grease everything well.

1711093270577.png

Interesting website to download pics for everybody to see with detailed womens anatomy advertised..
No need as pics so simple to download onto this site…
Liked your step by step approach….

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom