Anyone else had a faulty throttle on a GS?
Mine starting playing up sometime ago - essentially when the throttle was allowed to close naturally the revs would not die back down to the correct idle of 1050rpm. The idle would fluctuate between 1050-1300 rpm.
The only way to get the revs to stay down at the correct value was to force the throttle shut in the same way as one does to disengage the cruise control.
My local dealer investigated and confirmed the issue and that a re-calibration did not fix the problem - so the throttle assembly was replaced, calibrated and everything is now good again.
I was curious as to the how the throttle worked - so I prised open the old one
To be continued .......................... with photos
Mine starting playing up sometime ago - essentially when the throttle was allowed to close naturally the revs would not die back down to the correct idle of 1050rpm. The idle would fluctuate between 1050-1300 rpm.
The only way to get the revs to stay down at the correct value was to force the throttle shut in the same way as one does to disengage the cruise control.
My local dealer investigated and confirmed the issue and that a re-calibration did not fix the problem - so the throttle assembly was replaced, calibrated and everything is now good again.
I was curious as to the how the throttle worked - so I prised open the old one
To be continued .......................... with photos
