Garden office wifi.

I had the powerline adapters, but they worked fine in evenings, not in the day. Took some working out, but turned out that they couldn't cope with the interference of solar panel inverter! Have you or any close neighbours had solar installed? You can get some fairly good directional wifi antennas that should reach though.
 
Any reason why you couldn't lay a CAT6 cable in the garden? I recently did so to allow my Solar Inverter to communicate with the electrical meter. I just pushed it a few cm into the earth along the path and borders etc. Armoured sheath type. Wasn't expensive
 
Any reason why you couldn't lay a CAT6 cable in the garden? I recently did so to allow my Solar Inverter to communicate with the electrical meter. I just pushed it a few cm into the earth along the path and borders etc. Armoured sheath type. Wasn't expensive
Just the practicalities, really. The location of the router right at the front of the house, the solid floors, the 200ft of largely overgrown bramble infested garden..........plus I'm a computer numpty who doesn't really understand how any of it works :unsure:!
 
Just the practicalities, really. The location of the router right at the front of the house, the solid floors, the 200ft of largely overgrown bramble infested garden..........plus I'm a computer numpty who doesn't really understand how any of it works :unsure:!
Me neither though its relatively simple. Your router will have ethernet ports on the back. Plug a Cat 6 into one, put it out through the exterior wall and terminate it in the garden office with a TP Link. Which in turn has ethernet outputs that you can plug straight into your computer, TV etc.

Ive previously reached out for help from Sparkplug and didnt get round to putting his advice into action. When I had the solar fitted I had no choice because the electric meter and inverter are about 100m from each other
 
When I get home from Norway, I'll be posting the TP link extender, it sends the signal over the house earth, easy way to extend the broadband 👍
 


Back
Top Bottom