head gasket seal

bernardofeio

Reaction score
hello

does any one know what is the "red glue" that normally cames in the head gaskets? Viton? something else?

I want to try (again) to use copper head gaskets in my big bore engine. Last time I tried it leaked a lot of oil to the outside and also to the combustion chamber. I used some recommended liquid seal but it did not work.

thks

I have to ask what the f are you doing, i have been using the 97mm and 98mm head gaskets for 12 years of racing with no leaks at all, use them. its only my 100mm bore engines that i use copper because of the stability of the fire ring to pushrod hole. it has taken me 2 years of racing on the copper gaskets on 3 engines using different sealers and amounts of annealing to get it about 95% as good at sealing the oil to the outside as the std or big bore gaskets.

I have to ask what the f are you doing, i have been using the 97mm and 98mm head gaskets for 12 years of racing with no leaks at all, use them. its only my 100mm bore engines that i use copper because of the stability of the fire ring to pushrod hole. it has taken me 2 years of racing on the copper gaskets on 3 engines using different sealers and amounts of annealing to get it about 95% as good at sealing the oil to the outside as the std or big bore gaskets.
good question Richie!

I have some 98.00mm copper head gaskets that I would like to use. I already tried them in the past but I had several oil leaks and went back to the standard head gaskets (standard ones are very good in fact but can only be used once and should not be as good as copper for heat transfer)

" it has taken me 2 years of racing on the copper gaskets on 3 engines using different sealers and amounts of annealing to get it about 95% as good at sealing the oil to the outside as the std or big bore gaskets." => what liquid sealer do you recommend?

Whilst I don’t want to sound like a grumpy old bastard,
Your initial post read like someone after honest advice.
You obviously have something akin to a race motor and knowledge of it.
your enquiries would have been better asked of folk with experience of such things,
Rather than getting advice from people with absolutely no knowledge of racing engines.
Expletives deleated.:) :)

good question Richie!

I have some 98.00mm copper head gaskets that I would like to use. I already tried them in the past but I had several oil leaks and went back to the standard head gaskets (standard ones are very good in fact but can only be used once and should not be as good as copper for heat transfer)

" it has taken me 2 years of racing on the copper gaskets on 3 engines using different sealers and amounts of annealing to get it about 95% as good at sealing the oil to the outside as the std or big bore gaskets." => what liquid sealer do you recommend?
hello Richie . Can you help where? What liquid seal do you use/recommend to use with copper gaskets? thks

Back
Top Bottom