Lemon Drizzle V100 Mandello Test

Good to read about people's thoughts on the V100.I am definitely considering chopping in my Africa Twin for one if I can get the finances sorted.I had a Le Mans many years ago and loved it.

Great review and I was sorely tempted to one of these but ultimately bought an R1200RS partly as it had all the extras fitted and because I was taken with the build quality, handling and nigh on perfect low down fuelling of the R1200. My only gripe is the suspension isn't as plush as later fully active R1250's, but decent enough. I had several air cooled Ducati's back in the day including a Darmah 900SS, when my mates were all riding big T3s and S7 guzzi's and they've come a long way from the agricultural nature and poor build of those bikes. I did own a V50mk3 which was a lovely little bike which I used for commuting and that was a fabulous little bike. Handled well, was practical and the perfect longer distance comuter for me. Big twins rule...

Last edited:
I have been thinking seriously about one but will wait for the stelvio. Mandello is another new bike with a silly small tank which is a negative for me. Also they not been around for long enough yet to know of any niggles. I can decide next year anyway, but taking a keen interest in this and similar threads.

Yes I'm awaiting the Stelvio as well, for a more upright riding position as well as increased petrol capacity, suspension travel, and 19" wheel. So far the V100 doesn't seem to have any "all new motorcycle" problems which is encouraging.
I wonder how Mandellos are selling after the initial preorders? Both Guzzi dealers I visit have them sitting on the floor, one has a base model red and green S, the other one 3 base models.

Our local dealer (the one in the Video) is selling a load of them they seem very popular
There have been some coolant leakage issues from what I have heard but all fixed under warranty

Saw my first V100 Mandello today at a bike meet. Very nice indeed. The engine was a work of art and the bike much more compact than expected. It looked very petite for a 1000cc machine but I liked the look of it a lot. The only negative for me was the paintwork. This one was in red, but it was a little lacklustre, not up to the best of finishes. The rest of the bike was very good indeed. It's one of the very few bikes around that could tempt me off the boxer, but I do have space for one more🤔. Lovely bike.

Back
Top Bottom