NAV 6 New unit update

My 3rd replacement went back 2 weeks ago, a few days later I received a new CAP screen version.
The colour scheme on these (black band top & bottom) makes the screen look smaller than a Nav V to me.
Let's hope this lasts longer than 2 rides out!

My 3rd replacement went back 2 weeks ago, a few days later I received a new CAP screen version.
The colour scheme on these (black band top & bottom) makes the screen look smaller than a Nav V to me.
Let's hope this lasts longer than 2 rides out!
I agree. I suspect it's an illusion though, just because the bands at the top and bottom are black.

Well....after a long wait and getting sent a new unit of the same 'older' model from both the dealer I originally bought it from and Garmin, I finally received the Cap screen replacement yesterday.
Had it working yesterday in the house, all seemed good. Screen is quick to respond to touch. Works with gloved finger.
Only difference to the 'about' screen is that the software version has gone up from 10.3 to 10.4
The box date range has changed to 14/2024 - 14 2-26, as pointed out by tspivey, week 14 would be the week from 25th March 2024
Garmin have stock of the cap screens come in and go straight out
The BMW part number on the box does relate to the Nav6 on a small number of european sites but appears no longer in stock and, to my suprise, a Samsung series 7 oven with self closing door. Google is weird.
Looking on a US BMW forum, they were on page 124 on this subject. Also started getting cap screen early January. I imagine this is going on all over.

I shall be giving it some stick over the coming weeks, starting today, as unusally, it appears not to be raining and dry.

On the upside, I now have 3 brand new Nav batteries as they didn't want the batteries back.
And the dealer network is updated, Chester Motarrad is now in there.

20240411_130338.jpg
20240411_130721.jpg
20240411_131245.jpg

I tried mine out last weekend, just a quick test, set destination as Ilkley from Leeds.

What a perfomance. There's a road direct from Leeds to Ilkley (difficult to get onto from Sportsbikes if you don't know your way around the ridiculous road system in Leeds.) but the Nav VI took me all over the chuffin' place.
Half the time it was recalculating and most of the rest of the time after it had recalculated there was no magenta line on the route.

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom