Norton Atlas

PembsGSA

Active member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
402
Reaction score
239
Location
Desert
NeevesyBikes review... Good in-depth details... £8250 RRP.... Will it sell?


 
Thanks for posting. Looks interesting re bang for buck. I'm not terribly keen on the styling and they really should have used the classic Norton logo on the tank. I'll have a test ride though. (y)
 
Maybe it looks better in the flesh rather than like an adventure styled Deauville
 
Looks relatively cheap but then it’s an Indian parallel twin with styling by Tupperware

Is it really a Norton or is it just using the name like an MG car :unsure:
There's a lot of stuff like that these days. Triumph's made in Thailand, BMW's made in China, KTM's made in India and China. I had a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid 10 years ago and while it was assembled in Japan the Engine was made in China!!
 
There's a lot of stuff like that these days. Triumph's made in Thailand, BMW's made in China, KTM's made in India and China. I had a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid 10 years ago and while it was assembled in Japan the Engine was made in China!!
Like virtually all the 800 twins F650 / 800’s etc BMW have sold since 2009. Assembled by Loncin from memory. Bloomin good engines tho with enviable reliability.
 
Like virtually all the 800 twins F650 / 800’s etc BMW have sold since 2009. Assembled by Loncin from memory. Bloomin good engines tho with enviable reliability.
The earliest were made in Austria by Rotax. You're right about the reliability though.👍
 
The earliest were made in Austria by Rotax. You're right about the reliability though.👍
Its muddier than a muddy thing where they are made. They are made by Rotax under licence, but it was in a Chinese factory. In the early days owners were quoting a defined engine number that “ proved” their engine was Austrian manufacture. I couldn’t categorically state they all were but google tells me three different things 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I always believed my F650/700 were Chinese production but having seen a tear down video back in 2010 of a high mileage F800gs engine with uber miles and virtually no wear Im happy with the product .

IMG_2060.jpg
 
The earliest were made in Austria by Rotax. You're right about the reliability though.👍
Not the one I owned for a brief period and the replacement crate motor fitted under warranty was definitely made in Austria
 
I'd take a DL650 over that. Proven, reliable, and loads of aftermarket and factory accessories. Big plus with the DL is a 20 litre tank and great fuel economy. I know they stopped making them in '25, but you can pick up a fully loaded '25 model for less than the base price of that "Norton".
 
I'd take a DL650 over that. Proven, reliable, and loads of aftermarket and factory accessories. Big plus with the DL is a 20 litre tank and great fuel economy. I know they stopped making them in '25, but you can pick up a fully loaded '25 model for less than the base price of that "Norton".
Same here. And the 'new' SV-7GX is a pound under £7K. 10 year warranty, absolutely bullet proof reliability. The 'Norton' will disappear without trace.
 
I reckon Norton as a brand is on a steeply downward spiral with the new product range, not sustainable against the competition in my view. Makes you wonder what their £200 million plus factory in Solihul will be producing, previously stated as being a powerhouse for premium British motorcycle production, really ?
 
Last edited:
Didn't watch the video but just read the MCN review in today's edition. The author points out the frame's resemblance to the BMW F450 also made in India by TVS. No doubt they share other design features and components. Both have KYB forks and Bosch electronics.
 
I saw an old Varadero last night. Quite similar I thought .
I would post a pic, if I could get the hang of this new iPhone 🤨
 
Thanks for posting. Looks interesting re bang for buck. I'm not terribly keen on the styling and they really should have used the classic Norton logo on the tank. I'll have a test ride though. (y)
I think the orange makes it look better and stand out more than the silver version; it's getting a decent review to be honest;; i dismissed it sa missing the boat the other wk but now think it may be in there.
 
I reckon Norton as a brand is on a steeply downward spiral with the new product range, not sustainable against the competition in my view. Makes you wonder what their £200 million plus factory in Solihul will be producing, previously stated as being a powerhouse for premium British motorcycle production, really ?
Nothing, I don’t think. The bikes are made in India, maybe the v4’s are assembled here but I’m pretty sure the engines are also made in India.
 
I think the orange makes it look better and stand out more than the silver version; it's getting a decent review to be honest;; i dismissed it sa missing the boat the other wk but now think it may be in there.
The review pointed out a whole series of problems from poor fuelling to bad suspension, with a caveat that these should be fixed on the production models.

I’d just buy a v strom as I don’t care about the Bosch 6 axis imu which is in any case fitted to just about every bike these days.
 


Back
Top Bottom