On my way to Algeciras - Morocco bound

That's just 15 miles North of where I had my bump in 2009.... beware of the AP7.

It has been great following you on your trip Richie, appreciate you sharing your impromptu adventure.
Yes I remember it well. Tomorrow 500km and I will arrive at a friend's place not far from my van. Time to chat and drink some wine in the company if friends .

Good luck with that - it's lovely here in the Pyrenees today and tomorrow but Thursday looks terrible ...View attachment 294318
Nice bike, I was tempted to buy one. But in all honesty, the cb500x has been great. My best bike ever? Well maybe, just after the 1100 that brought me here. But, I would not have done, or gone so far ... On the 1100

Well I did 900 km, I am 200k south of Barcelona. I guess I will just carry on up the coast, Simon, it would have been nice but I am not wanting to get caught out in the Pyrenees, weather wise.
Now that I have a leaking fork, maybe some new springs would be in order....

Drinking vino tinto near Peniscola
Fantastic trip report. Very inspring. Will be in touch nearer christmas to get your thoughts on my own trip next year. Safe travels Richie!

Nice bike, I was tempted to buy one. But in all honesty, the cb500x has been great. My best bike ever? Well maybe, just after the 1100 that brought me here. But, I would not have done, or gone so far ... On the 1100
Ha ha, I've been thinking about the CB500X as a smoother ride,lower seat and general comfort, screen, etc. But will stick with the X-Country until I pack in 'big' bikes altogether - 66 and not so very healthy - and stick to pottering on my 2002 Beta Alp 200 - with its water cooled, carburetor motor and ultra light weight it's ideal for the Pyrenees and even short camping trips. But you never know ..
Is yours tricked up for off road, forgot the name of the company - Rally Raid?

Ha ha, I've been thinking about the CB500X as a smoother ride,lower seat and general comfort, screen, etc. But will stick with the X-Country until I pack in 'big' bikes altogether - 66 and not so very healthy - and stick to pottering on my 2002 Beta Alp 200 - with its water cooled, carburetor motor and ultra light weight it's ideal for the Pyrenees and even short camping trips. But you never know ..
Is yours tricked up for off road, forgot the name of the company - Rally Raid?
Sump guard by don't know who, a few other bits and pieces, I might put the fork springs in seeing as the seal has gone. We shall see.
I think the suspension although far from perfect did a good job. I also think that the bike being relatively low was a help. And I am six foot one.

That was a great RR Richie, brought back some great memories
Thanks for sharing & safe home :thumb

I made it to Oupia in the south of France, will stay put for a week then load up the van and boat home Friday in a week's time. Had a nice few glasses of red wine and slept like a log. My back is slowly recovering, I guess a few days without doing hours in the saddle will help. Cheers

I made it to Oupia in the south of France, will stay put for a week then load up the van and boat home Friday in a week's time. Had a nice few glasses of red wine and slept like a log. My back is slowly recovering, I guess a few days without doing hours in the saddle will help. Cheers
safe trip, slan abhaile, tempted to drop by with a bottle🥃 to hear the tales, cheers Josey

Back
Top Bottom